No announcement yet.

Hang on a minute lads. I've got a great idea - Italy v Switzerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immobile has scored tonnes of goals for years in Serie A, but is limited and misses so many chances. He does offer the team a muscular(ish) presence, works tirelessly and occupies defenders, but everything was bouncing off him last night. He is sometimes unlucky, but his luck was in with the keeper's error for his goal. Still, he had the confidence to hit it from distance after missing some presentable chances earlier on and having a bit of a general shocker, bar the odd touch last night.

Belotti is much the same as Immobile. He may well play vs Wales, but Immobile will remain first choice, so good luck to him. Italy looked well tired by the end, understandably as they do so much pressing, so I expect changes vs Wales, but they'll have to be careful not to underestimate the opposition as a Wales are doing well and a win will see them top the group instead of Italy.

While Italy have scored three goals in both games, they are still not clinical enough (largely, but not only due to Immobile!) and really should have put Turkey and Switzerland away earlier. I don't expect them to win it, but I have really enjoyed watching Mancini's dynamic Italy these past 2-3 years and if they lose playing like this, so be it. It'll be interesting to see if, as in 88/90 (not that this lot are as good as the 88/90 side), they get more cautious as the tournament moves along.

Comment

Originally posted by Sixmartletsandaseagull View Post
      Immobile has scored tonnes of goals for years in Serie A, but is limited and misses so many chances. He does offer the team a muscular(ish) presence, works tirelessly and occupies defenders, but everything was bouncing off him last night. He is sometimes unlucky, but his luck was in with the keeper's error for his goal. Still, he had the confidence to hit it from distance after missing some presentable chances earlier on and having a bit of a general shocker, bar the odd touch last night.
      Plus, frau imp thinks he's a dish.

Comment

I think it's seeded for an Italy v Belgium QF, which looks set to be a cracker.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post

Plus, frau imp thinks he's a dish.
          Always a plus!

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Liverpool, Real Madrid?
            Exactly

Comment

Working...
            X