No announcement yet.

No Going Baku: Türkiye v Cymru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GETTHEABSOLUTEFUCKINGMOTHERFUCKINGFUCKIN!

Comment

WE'RE A POINT BETTER OFF THAN WE WERE AT THIS STAGE IN 2016!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        GETTHEABSOLUTEFUCKINGMOTHERFUCKINGFUCKIN!
        I heartily endorse this statement.

Comment

What result do we want in the Italy-Switzerland game then? Hefty Italian win?

Comment

If we win the group we're at Wembley on Saturday, second place is Amsterdam same night which is a lot more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
              If we win the group we're at Wembley on Saturday, second place is Amsterdam same night which is a lot more difficult.
              And third?

Comment

Great game. Well done Wales.

As in 2016 they look solid, greater than the sum of their parts but with a sprinkling of stardust.

Kieffer Moore has been excellent in both games in my opinion. Leads the line, takes a lot of knocks without complaint, and always looks threatening from set pieces. Also, Ward in goal has made crucial saves in both games.

Comment

Played, the boyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

And third?
                    Seville, Copenhagen or Glasgow, depending which groups provide the third place teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Favourite Worst Nightmare View Post
                      Great game. Well done Wales.

As in 2016 they look solid, greater than the sum of their parts but with a sprinkling of stardust.

Kieffer Moore has been excellent in both games in my opinion. Leads the line, takes a lot of knocks without complaint, and always looks threatening from set pieces. Also, Ward in goal has made crucial saves in both games.
                      Wales are a more organised, better drilled squad than in 2016 but we've got a much harder group this time around.

Comment

That was great to watch and I'm really happy for the Wales fans on here and also ex Barnsley player Keiffer Moore.

Now to sound like a broken record... Why can Wales wear dark shorts with pale shirts and socks, but Germany can't?

Comment

See, now you've pointed that out, it's soured the whole victory for me now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                            What result do we want in the Italy-Switzerland game then? Hefty Italian win?
                            Anything better than two should do the power of good for your GD - all depending, of course, on whether you actually do get easier opponents for coming second or third in the group.

Comment

Ah, I see if you come second, you'll likely play Belgium's runner-up, but if you're third, probably going to face Belgium, Spain or France.

Comment

That was a great game. Fucking stressful though. How many wasted chances and every time I thought "oh we are going to fucking regret this".

My heart rate is back to normal now. My brother's broke his fitbit.

Comment

to put the cherry on the Welsh cake Erdogan was there

Comment

My sister to the family WhatsApp group

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Well there was certainly contact in the penalty box.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Wait, some people have mothers who don't swear?

Comment

Shitty regimes are seeing their teams having their arses handed to them - Turkey and Poland especially.

If I'm reading it right, Wales could have another match with Russia, whom they beat 3-0 in Euro 16. Then a QF v. perhaps the Dutch in Baku. Winning the group gives a harder QF v Belgium, so a draw with Italy would suit Wales fine there, or even a loss that keeps their GD above the Swiss.

Oddly, if the 3rd placed team gets Belgium and somehow beats them, they play Italy again. I can't see the logic there.
                                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 16-06-2021, 23:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                            Then a QF v. perhaps the Dutch in Baku.
                                            England play in Wembley and Wales keep having to go to Baku.

I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with this tournament.

Comment

They adapted well to the venue today so maybe that's a good omen, but the plane travel must be a pain in the arse, and obviously massively unfair on the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                Shitty regimes are seeing their teams having their arses handed to them - Turkey and Poland especially.

If I'm reading it right, Wales could have another match with Russia, whom they beat 3-0 in Euro 16. Then a QF v. perhaps the Dutch in Baku. Winning the group gives a harder QF v Belgium, so a draw with Italy would suit Wales fine there, or even a loss that keeps their GD above the Swiss.

Oddly, if the 3rd placed team gets Belgium and somehow beats them, they play Italy again. I can't see the logic there.
                                                They did OK in their last QF with Belgium.

Comment

Yilmaz knew what he was doing there, trying to get things to kick off and it nearly worked except the ref was fairly lenient in the end.

Very good game for Wales, they looked much better with four at the back and compressing the field a bit more. Helps that the Turks were just woeful pretty much the entire match, huffing and puffing without much end product to speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post

They did OK in their last QF with Belgium.
                                                    Yes but I wouldn't like to gamble on Belgium shitting the bed twice, even acknowledging that Wales contributed to them shitting it; the form that Lukaku is currently in, for example.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X