Poland v Slovakia: marching over High Tatra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poland v Slovakia: marching over High Tatra

As in 2010, Im backing the Slovaks. They knocked NI out in the play off, also popped up in the sweepstake

Many years ago I completed primary school in Warsaw (round the corner from Marie Curie"s gaff). Highlight as per threads passim was being told to fuck off by Alf Ramsey
    Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 14-06-2021, 12:34.

My visits to Poland were a sporting event lifeline for me last year so I feel I owe them my support on an ad hoc basis.

Comment

These anthems almost have me hankering for a rendition of GSTQ.

Comment

Almost.

Comment

This is my first "random game I'm watching because it's on". Hoping for goals or some cartoon violence.

Comment

Ooh. I thought that had gone in for Slovakia there.

Comment

Beat the keeper at the near post. 1-0 Slovakia

Comment

That one did

Comment

Lightning strikes...

Comment

Oh dear, Chesney...

Comment

I always hate this fixture, given how my "blood" is evenly divided between the two sides

Comment

Stuck on the wing behind two defenders and then suddenly into the box and scoring.

Comment

Shame that Mak won't get credit for that.

Comment

Surely you are supposed to appeal to the ref after you collapse to the floor?

Comment

Lovely goal that. Terrible goalkeeping error but great bit of skill, and he tested the keeper who evidently wasn't up to it

Comment

Poland very narrow at the back and not clearing the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  This is my first "random game I'm watching because it's on".
                                  Wasn’t that Austria vs N Macedonia yesterday?

Comment

Shout out for Leeds

Comment

The Polish defender turned his back as the shoot approached him and it richocheted off for a corner. If he had allowed it to hit his genitals full on, I suspect it would have deadened the impact and dropped right in front of him. I wonder if anyone's ever controlled the ball in that manner. It would be quite impressive in a freakshow kind of way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                        Wasn’t that Austria vs N Macedonia yesterday?
                                        I only caught a few minutes of that.

Comment

Given the absolute centrality of defence production to the historic Slovak economy, camo makes more sense for them than most.

Echoing my familial experience, the Poles have underestimated the Slovaks here.

Comment

Slovakia seem to have a lot of tricksy cheeky players who are happy to dribble and backheel passes to each other. I'm enjoying it.

Comment

They seem to be crossing it to each other from one flank to the other out of sheer enjoyment

Comment

Slovakia essentially playing a 3-5-2-0 here, frustrating Poland well and giving them real problems on the break.

Comment

There was a bit where Dudek (sp?) seemed to flick the ball between 2 players and left them for mugs.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X