We waited 23 years for THAT??!! - Scotland v Czech Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We waited 23 years for THAT??!! - Scotland v Czech Republic

So, after nearly a quarter of a century, we're back, and we're dead f*cking excited about it.

If you fancy seeing how carried away we're getting, have a watch of this - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...uros-episode-1
    If you can put up with Craig Telfer's "jumpy" presenting style it's a good watch, and for actual fitba fans it's on a whole different level to that Peter Crouch shite on BBC1.
    Last edited by The Red Max; 14-06-2021, 08:21.

It's weird being at work and talking to colleagues about a tournament that we're actually a part of.

Comment

I've got a meeting at 2pm. But I might be able to watch the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
        I've got a meeting at 2pm. But I might be able to watch the second half.
        Online meeting? Laptop on and telly on mute.

Comment

I've actually got another meeting at 3pm so might see the last 10 minutes.

They are small meetings and I think it would be obvious if I had the TV on as well.

Comment

Congratulations and good luck to our Eastern neighbors

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
              I've actually got another meeting at 3pm so might see the last 10 minutes.

They are small meetings and I think it would be obvious if I had the TV on as well.
              "So in light of this project not coming in under budget I'm afraid we're going to have to consider the possibility of redundancies."

"YESS!! GET IN YA F***ING BEAUTY!""

Comment

Quiz: Who is the most capped Scottish player who has never played in a major tournament?

A quick Google reveals that two of the top 10 have never done so.
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-06-2021, 11:36.

Comment

Darren Fletcher maybe?

Comment

Yes, he and Kenny Miller are in the top 10 most capped but were in the long wilderness between 1998 and 2020.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotti...Roll_of_Honour

You can tweak the tabs to show the order the players reached 50 caps - Young (1956), Law (1973), Bremner (1974), Dalglish (1977), etc.
                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-06-2021, 11:44.

Comment

Aye, I just looked that up - 149 caps between them and the closest they got was being trounced by Holland in the play-offs. Poor bastards.

Comment

Anyhow, back to today - this is the game I'm most worried about. 23 years away so no tournament experience available, against a team we've got a pretty poor record against.

The England game will take care of itself one way or the other (and we're Croatia's bogey team), but this one gives me the fear.

Comment

I suppose I'd be quite nervous if I were Scottish but I'm not and I'm actually quite optimistic that they'll put on a decent showing this afternoon.

I've just got to deal with a couple of tricky clients first before 'working' the rest of the affy in front of the telly. C'mon you Scots!
                          Last edited by Foot of Astaire's; 14-06-2021, 12:08.

Comment

Just saw the starting side. Tierney out with Adams and Gilmore on the bench.

Fuck me, this sucks.

Comment

Approve of the "Barry Bannan's Tartan Army" flag displayed in that montage.

Comment

The first time you'll be able to have your own head of government in attendance at a men's tournament, however strained a statement that may be.

Comment

Scotland is probably my favourite country in Europe. I'd like to live there one day. And anything that makes Choccy happy is good with me. Come on, Scotland!

Comment

I love McClair too

Comment

Originally posted by Posty Webber View Post
                                      I love McClair too
                                      This time last week I was having a few beers with him and Mani from the Stone Roses. If the 15 year old me knew that...

Comment

I have a probably misplaced love of Czechia derived from an INXS video, Pilsner Urquell, Milan Baros and Vladimir Smicer. But I too love Scotland. And, you know, Andy Robertson. Hope he has a good game.

I do think Scotland missed a trick letting Holland pick the guy called Dumfries though.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

This time last week I was having a few beers with him and Mani from the Stone Roses. If the 15 year old me knew that...
                                          No way! I’d kill to have been at that session. Well done man

Comment

Now THIS is why working from home was invented.

I hope no one was expecting their flowers to get delivered today...

Comment

Great save. Ref letting things flow a bit there

Comment

Great move! Unlucky Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                                  Scotland is probably my favourite country in Europe. I'd like to live there one day. And anything that makes Choccy happy is good with me. Come on, Scotland!
                                                  My plan is still to retire there once I've had enough of work/they get independence (whichever is the sooner).

My wife isn't sure about the plan because of the weather so perhaps you could be my lodger?

It has the makings of a textbook odd couple sitcom.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X