• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious fun that match was.

Comment

Awwww... did it have to end?

Comment

Based on what I saw of his Inter team that has to be the most un-De Boer performance imaginable.

Comment

Dear all the other teams, That's how you play fucking football.

Comment

Great stuff that.

Comment

A cracker. I enjoyed Ally McCoist's company too.

Comment

Excellent game, and I agree with AH, aided by excellent commentary.

Comment

This and the Italy performance has awakened by interest in the tournament. Who would have thought that De Boer would turn the Netherlands into Zemenlandia?

Comment

I think the more likely scenario is that the team ignored everything he told them

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                      I think the more likely scenario is that the team ignored everything he told them
                      I think your right, he is more of a endless sideways 5 yard passes - if they haven't got the ball they cannot score type of coach.

Comment

I mean, there’s still concerns there. All three goals they scored were mistakes, the lack of closing down on Yarmolenko’s goal was shocking, and overall they just switched off for about 10 minutes and let Ukraine get back into the game.

Comment

I think every tournament this forum is surprised that McCoist is excellent - his cheeky chappie persona disguises good football insight, and most importantly he seems to enjoy watching the game.

What a game though - I think Ukraine got up to double figures in backheels, and did well to say they seemed to be fielding two 12 year olds in central defence.

Both these teams will qualify comfortably, and both will get a pasting against the first decent/vaguely organised opposition they meet, but what great entertainment.

Hup Holland Hup!
                          Slava Ukraini!
                          Героям слава!

EDIT: And you're welcome for the goalfest. A pound well spent.
                          Last edited by jwdd27; 13-06-2021, 21:40.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                            Nigel de Jong's just said that Maarten Stekelenburg was 40. I thought "that can't be right" and I checked. It's not. Born September 1982. A month after me.

For the first time at a Euros or World Cup, I'm older than the oldest player.
                            If Sweden qualify for the World Cup and Zlatan sticks around...

Comment

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for as well. I don't want this to be the official end of my youth.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                I think every tournament this forum is surprised that McCoist is excellent - his cheeky chappie persona disguises good football insight, and most importantly he seems to enjoy watching the game.
                                There was a moment at 2-2 were de Jong was smashed by 3 Ukrainian players in quick succession, when McCoist viewed the replay, he said, "Looks like it was given for the first one". He's good, as is the ITV studio punditry, which is a breath of fresh air after repetitive weeks/months/seasons of Lineker and co.

Comment

All my Dutch football friends this morning are like “Who the helll is Patrick van Aanholt? And why is he playing for Our Oranje?”

Both excellent questions, but at some stage soon someone is going to have to break it to them that van Aanholt is on Ajax’s wanted list.

Comment

Been trolling my Palace mates by suggesting that the reason we haven't appointed a manager yet is because we're waiting for Oranje to get knocked out to confirm the reappointment of Frank de Boer

Comment

I will show you fear in a handful of dust

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                                        Been trolling my Palace mates by suggesting that the reason we haven't appointed a manager yet is because we're waiting for Oranje to get knocked out to confirm the reappointment of Frank de Boer
                                        To be fair, it's not often that a yo-yo club like Palace experiences the level of consistency that it did under Frank de Boer.
                                        Last edited by anton pulisov; 14-06-2021, 10:28.

Comment

100% record in the league cup

Comment

Hold on, I've just realised that Donny van de Beek is not in the squad. Oh ok, injured. If he had put the De Ligt - Blind - De Jong - Van de Beek axis of Ajax back together, I could almost bring myself not to cheer against Nederland.

Anyway, I still haven't forgiven him and his brother for stabbing Morten Olsen in the back in 1998.

His handling of the Jesper Cilessen Covid situation was also bizarre. And now he picks Stekelenburg, who has averaged 8 matches a season in the past 8 years. Tim Krul must be wondering what he has to do.

Comment

Working...
                                            X