Austria v North Macedonia

Two things are already troubling me :

a) both teams in change kits?

b) the MKD abbreviation

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    Two things are already troubling me :

a) both teams in change kits?

b) the MKD abbreviation
    UEFA generally takes abbreviations from each country's native language, so would be based from "Makedonija" , though "NMK" would seem best for easing sensitivities .

Comment

At least Austria are wearing different color jerseys and shorts.

Comment

I was going to go to Skopje on a bus from Sofia 3 years ago, but talked myself out of it. Wish I had now, just so I could say I'd actually been.

Needless to say, if North Macedonia make any progress in this tournament they will be the underdog heroes like Iceland five years ago. In fact, when could they meet England?

Comment

You want goal of the tournament?

Go ahead and beat that flying Jackie Chan Shaolin Soccer special.

Comment

What a finish!

Comment

Originally posted by scratchmonkey View Post
              At least Austria are wearing different color jerseys and shorts.
              Granted, it's just that they come from a pyjama set.

Comment

Small mercies, Ray.

What a pass from Sabitzer and what a finish.

Comment

A GOAL FOR ALL MACEDONIA

Comment

Well this is more fun than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post

UEFA generally takes abbreviations from each country's native language, so would be based from "Makedonija" , though "NMK" would seem best for easing sensitivities .
                      This is useful info, though I'd assumed Ray was troubled by it being Franchise's abbreviation.

Comment

You want worst goal of the tournament?

Go ahead and beat that stumbling, bumbling, bumping, clunking, blasting and bouncing the ball off the bozo defending only for a middle-aged cab driver to score and do the Saturday Night Fever disco dance special.

Comment

Turned this on to see the MKD goal celebrations. Calamitous play from Austria!

Comment

Is this John Hartson on co-commentary?

Comment

Yes

Comment

When I tuned in (15 mins in), the ESPN commentator was apologizing for an insensitive comment. What was that about?

Megan Rapinoe seems to be playing at No. 8 for N. Macedonia.

Pandev does seem to wandered in from a pub team until you see him with the ball (obviously he also has great positional sense and knows where to run, albeit slowly).
                                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 13-06-2021, 16:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post

This is useful info, though I'd assumed Ray was troubled by it being Franchise's abbreviation.
                                  Indeed and I'll thank Patrick not to repeat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Indeed and I'll thank Patrick not to repeat it.
                                    Consider it reclaiming the letters from evil

Comment

I like the North Macedonia shirts. Good "first tournament shirt" classic kit of the future.

Comment

Not sure what the comment was on ESPN Satchmo, I've been watching; that must have slipped past me though.

The PBP guy just said "The Bachmann turnover...and Macedonia are in overdrive." He apologized immediately.

Comment

It's a shame the classic duo Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend weren't doing the commentary when Pandev scored. This could have happened....

"Bachman's Blunder, over to you Clive."

"Thanks Andy, you ain't see nothing yet!"

Comment

Goran Pandev is a year older than George Best would have been if Northern Ireland had taken him to Espana 82.

Comment

Apparently the manager was seen queueing in Skopje for the Panini album

Comment

Is Schlager on song?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                                  Goran Pandev is a year older than George Best would have been if Northern Ireland had taken him to Espana 82.
                                                  Looks after himself a bit better.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X