No announcement yet.

It's flying garden chair day - England v Croatia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit I missed the announcement of the rule change where if you miss a chance on 55 minutes the ref blows the final whistle. One to look out for in the rest of the tournament.

Comment

I watched the game in De Hems, the Dutch bar in Soho, with some friends who were down for the weekend. It was very pleasant, with a mixture of England watchers and Dutch fans getting their preparation going early. The capacity was limited, which worked for me. It was the first time watching an England game in a pub here in about twenty years but I'll quit while ahead.

Oh, and I provoked the goal by going to the toilet. All in an afternoon's work.

Comment

See, exactly the kind of luck that Berba was talking about

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

Well, yes. Mainly by you.
          Oh now there's no logical contortions here. I merely identified a number of decisions (some of which I agreed with, and some of which I didn't) and pointed out that these would likely have been used against southgate if they hadn't won. They did narrowly win so he got away with it, but that doesn't make those decisions non contentious, or not extremely risky just because things turned out well.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
            Maybe he wanted Trippier's ice cool dead ball skills (well, it worked once against Croatia)
            ...and once for Spurs against Fulham in the PL.

Comment

You can add me to what seems like a pretty long list of English people who want England to do well and watch England games more than any other in the tournament. I mean, yeah, sure, England's support has some very rotten elements. And they are the main reason I have no desire to ever go to another England game. But I'll still be "supporting" the team from my armchair. And it's much more enjoyable watching the England team of the last few years than it was in the days of the Golden Generation.

Comment

It's going to be a tournament where the squad has to be rotated. At least Southgate didn't field anyone unfit.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

Nick Pope missed out due to a knee injury. He may have been first choice, though as another goal kick sailed straight out of play yesterday, I remembered that Southgate prefers Pickford due to his superior distribution.
                  Yeah, sorry about that. At least our goalkeepers come with 'terms and conditions'.

Comment

Working...
                  X