Who's watched the most games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's watched the most games?

There will be 51 games in this tournament.

We are 4 down and I have watched 2.5 of them. (62.5% so far)

62.5% of 51 is about 31.875 games (so 31 complete games and missing the first 10 minutes of another game, say)

I think my percentage will drop after the weekend...
    Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 13-06-2021, 09:20.

Nobody could've watched both the latter two games today live.

Comment

Watched all of the opener. The rest have been on in the background while reading, cooking and eating. Gonna be too many over coached over prepared games in the group stages to even attempt watching them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
        As with the group deciders, that’s when you employ your iPad as second screen, isn’t it?

Comment

I only watched the opener, none of today's. 'Watch' is going to be a flexible concept because I expect to often have the telly on in the background while doing something else (or even the radio, if I need to be on the PC or drive to an appointment). How many neutrals would watch every kick of the average group match unless there's an early goal for the latter to spice it up?

I do expect to watch the QFs onwards intensely and perhaps the round of 16 (although that could be an unbalanced set of games, rather like when Euro 16 had strong and weak halves).
          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 12-06-2021, 23:35.

Comment

Watched all of them so far, double-screened it for the period of crossover between the two today but with more attention on Bel v Rus as it was hard to process Den v Fin carrying on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
              As with the group deciders, that’s when you employ your iPad as second screen, isn’t it?
              Ooooh hark at lord Snooty with his Iiiiiipad

Comment

Watched all of them so far, flicking between the two games that crossed over. I did have to miss a little of the Wales game when my youngest demanded Mr Bean the animated series be put on, but 5 mins in he was outside playing again, so the football went back on.

Comment

Managed to watch them all so far. PVRed Belgium v Russia, and watched after the end of Denmark-Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    Ooooh hark at lord Snooty with his Iiiiiipad
                    It’s a tablet, not a bloody Lamborghini!

(NB Other devices are available.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                      You are incorrect, sir. Denmark-Finland on the desktop, Russia-Belgica on tv.

Comment

I'm up to 8 full games, plus 3 extra halfs and a few minutes in a few more games.

Comment

Pretty much seen every match thus far.

Comment

I'm usually obsessive in watching as much as possible but have missed a few and paid little attention to some that were 'on'...not that I haven't enjoyed Macedonia and some of the other oddities but apart from Italy and Spain's games I haven't really been gripped/exclusively focused by many

Comment

Lost my 100% record yesterday, could only watch snatches of Ukraine v Macedonia while I helped my wife dump some old furniture.

Comment

I’ve watched parts of every game, but my son’s bedtime being between 8-9 has made things awkward.

Comment

I've missed the occasional five minutes here and there with herding my kids, but other than that I've not missed a minute so far, no thanks to ITV, who still have live casting inexplicably blocked on their Android app, which meant that I've had to plug in an old laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable to be able to watch their matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                                    I’ve watched parts of every game, but my son’s bedtime being between 8-9 has made things awkward.
                                    There's an easy solution here.

Comment

Send his son to the in-laws until July 11?

Have watched pretty much every game except for the first half of Wales-Switzerland where, by all accounts, I missed nothing. As I'm writing round-by-round summaries for Soccer America, I feel obliged to watch as much as possible, which is a fine excuse for parking my arse on the sofa for a month. It's because I'm a professional, love, now go get us another beer.

Comment

Coaching my under 10s meant I could only watch the first 10 mins of Hungary-Portugal, otherwise I've practically seen every game so far.

Comment

I think we have to qualify the verb "watched" in light of modern viewing habits. Maybe three tiers:

1. Absolutely gripped: Germany v France, Denmark v Belgium

2. Mainly watching but also doing something on the tablet or phone, often unrelated to the match. Most of the games in the tournament.

3. TV on in background but only looking at it when the noise indicates a major incident. The games that started dull and unpromising. There have only been 3 or 4 of these.

I totally missed Italy v Swiss due to being asleep after coming home from minor surgery and caught several others on radio only while driving. It's hard to skive when a KO is 9 am my time but I'll be OK when we only have Noon and 3 PM starts. I can work early (often up at 5 am) and catch emails between the games.

Comment

I started watching the first half of the last England match and fell asleep until half time. So essentially 50 or so minutes thus far.

Comment

Working...
                                            X