Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Badly Is Your Memory Of Recent Tournaments Slipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like everyone else, 2000 onwards is a bit of a blur

2000: I remembered Trezeguet's golden goal to win it for France, but didn't recall that Wiltord had equalised for them after 90' +4. Ditto England's exit - it was Phil Neville conceding the penalty to allow Romania to come back to win from 2-0 down, meaning both England and Germany were out in the groups. I have no memory of Alan Shearer's winner against Germany, it seems odd that such a fuss was made about the 5-1 a year later, when we'd beaten them so recently.
    Reading the Wiki, it seems like it was a great tournament, and I would have watched every game, but I really can't recall then even reading the match descriptions.

2002: Seaman channelling Shilton getting lobbed by Ronaldinho, who then got harshly sent off. Co-hosts S Korea got to the semis.
    2004/06: As above, Rooney being brilliant, then injured have merged with him getting sent off by Ronaldo.
    2008 I thought this was the year Greece won, apparently not.
    2010: England awful, scraped through the EASY (England, Algeria, Slovenia, Yanks) group, thrashed by Germany (Ozil, Khedira).
    2012: Poland/Ukraine, Andy Carroll led the line for England, and scored a good goal v Sweden. Hart< Pirlo. The Irish were not very good.
    2014: England awful, Brazil humiliated.
    2016: We were on holiday in Wales while they were doing well. Iceland were popular with some. Portugal's terrible striker Eder scored a great winner.

Comment

Working...
    X