Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euros Matchgoing?

Anyone making any games?

I was going to have a packed tournament, doing all of Wales group games and with a Follow My Team ticket if we made the knockout stages as well as having tickets for a lot of Wembley matches.

As it stands, I'm returning my tickets for the Baku matches this week having finally given up on a trip and holding on to my ticket for Rome just in case I decide to go last minute and deal with the consequences in terms of onward travel and/or quarantine.

My Wembley games have been halved having had the tickets for two England group games (primarily bought for my English wife to take my Anglo-Cymric son while I was away with Wales) cancelled with the Covid capacity cuts along with those for one semi-final. That leaves me with tickets for one R16 game there, one semi-final and the final though I fear there they may be subject to cancellation to depending on the government's news on restrictions.

Luckily, a friend has come through with two tickets for England v Croatia on Sunday as my original tickets for that game were a 13th birthday present to my son fifteen months ago that I wanted to honour.

My wife has decided that I should take him as long as I don't openly support Croatia, which I am willing to try to do (and I really wouldn't want to piss on my own son's parade, especially as he has always been so determinedly diplomatic about having two international sides).
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 11-06-2021, 13:23.

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    My wife has decided that I should take him as long as I don't openly support Croatia, which I am willing to try to do
    Might be useful for your own physical safety as well.

Comment

He's a big lad but I reckon I've got a couple of years before he can take me.

Comment

I had Italy v Wales and then follow-your-team tickets for Wales right through from hypothetical round of 16 to hypothetical final. I gave them all back early this year... and only afterwards realised there was a chance some of those might be at Wembley. We live and learn.

Comment

You'll enjoy this, Ray, from Welsh comedian Elis James.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
            I had Italy v Wales and then follow-your-team tickets for Wales right through from hypothetical round of 16 to hypothetical final. I gave them all back early this year... and only afterwards realised there was a chance some of those might be at Wembley. We live and learn.
            All the FMT tickets were cancelled a couple of months ago, anyway. You've lost nothing.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 11-06-2021, 13:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
              Uros and I know every single person quoted in that article (one of them is an erstwhile OTFer too), some of them have been regular traveling companions for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                It's a good read, but features several people me and Ray know well, and so we'll also have to suffer the consequences of them banging on about that time they were in The Guardian.

Comment

Had Italy - Switzerland, Spain - Slovakia and the three England group games. Went for refunds on the first two and lost all the England games in the re-ballot. May get to a game if England progress, but I don't hold out much hope.

Comment

I was balloted out of the last 16 game at Hampden, no prospect of seeing anything now which is very disappointing.

Comment

From literally the back row ;

Comment

Managed a couple of games after all.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                            I was balloted out of the last 16 game at Hampden, no prospect of seeing anything now which is very disappointing.
                            And after I've made alternative holiday plans, it seems that people have sent back tickets for this game (now confirmed as Sweden v Ukraine) as UEFA emailed me tonight to say there were a small number back on sale to those who'd been balloted out. Bollocks.

Comment

Good stuff. I put a photo of the pre-match gubbins from Rome on the match thread but this is as close as I got to one of the actual game.

Comment

I think UEFA are going to put tickets up for sale for Sweden v Ukraine. I don’t know whether to buy one or take a chance outside the ground again. They’ll certainly not get 12,000 at it.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago they announced that the second round game in Bucharest would be 50% full rather than the 25% that had been permitted for the first round games. Excitedly I looked into it, but the prices were ludicrous, 200 pounds and up for the very cheapest seats. I'd be looking at getting at least 3 or 4, and there's no way that was on the cards (plus we'd have needed somewhere to stay for a night)

(Turns out to be France-Switzerland btw)

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post
                                    I think UEFA are going to put tickets up for sale for Sweden v Ukraine. I don’t know whether to buy one or take a chance outside the ground again. They’ll certainly not get 12,000 at it.
                                    That's the kind of game I would happily travel up to Glasgow for (and maybe combine with a Juniors fixture or two) in normal circumstances but given how Czechia v Croatia looked at Hampden the appeal is severely lessened.
                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 25-06-2021, 16:23.

Comment

It was hugely dispiriting to see Hampden so empty. I couldn’t understand why they didn’t open a booth to sell off the thousands of remaining tickets prior to kick-off.

Comment

Just got four tickets for England v Germany in a late drop on the site. Will be taking my English wife and the younger two of my half-English children (had the older one not stayed on at uni for the climax of the rowing season she'd be taking the fourth ticket and I'd be staying home).

I'm worried I will guarantee an England victory by my attendance.

Comment

Excellent stuff Ray, hope it's a great and safe trip and a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                            Just got four tickets for England v Germany in a late drop on the site. Will be taking my English wife and the younger two of my half-English children (had the older one not stayed on at uni for the climax of the rowing season she'd be taking the fourth ticket and I'd be staying home).

I'm worried I will guarantee an England victory by my attendance.
                                            Sounds like you were lucky. Reports elsewhere of the site crashing all the time.

Comment

Oh yes, ticketing sites like that for big events will always crash at times of heavy traffic and a limited amount of tickets being put up for a high demand game (such as this one) will be the worst example.

Luckily I'm in a ticket-hunting group on Facebook/WhatsApp that is ever vigilantly watching the site and got an alert to go in early.
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 26-06-2021, 10:24.

Comment

All the goals right in front of us last night and a storming game :

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                  X