No announcement yet.

Wall Chart Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The American cicadas are predicting the best tournament since 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
      Our two gerbils, Bettie and Norrie, correctly predicted an Italy win today.
      It's a solid platform for the diminutive furry soothsayers to build upon as the group stage unfolds.

Comment

I just hope we've got enough toilet roll tubes to use one for each match.

Comment

I just hope we've got enough toilet roll tubes to use one for each match.
          "Fill your cheek pouches, lads. We're leaving."

Comment

Our two gerbils, Bettie and Norrie, correctly predicted an Italy win today.
            This sort of content merits it's own thread!

Comment

I've added in extra detail on my wallchart, marking the games I've seen and adding a tally chart. Plus I'm ticking off the stadia where games I've watched have been played.

Comment

Stuart Maconie's 'doing' Euro wallcharts this morning. WSC's gets all-round approval. Radio Times much less so.

Comment

I don't know why, but I didn't read the stadium comments when I pinned the wallchart up. I particularly liked the descriptions of the Allianz (Munich Football) Arena, "giant hemorrhoid cushion" and the Puskas Arena, "replacement dishwasher part - not sure how it fits back on".

Comment

Wonder if they'd already come up with ones for the Aviva and San Mames.

Comment

The Aviva looks like a herniated disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                        I don't know why, but I didn't read the stadium comments when I pinned the wallchart up. I particularly liked the descriptions of the Allianz (Munich Football) Arena, "giant hemorrhoid cushion" and the Puskas Arena, "replacement dishwasher part - not sure how it fits back on".
                        The descriptions are great.

I also like the little Welsh fans with backpacks trudging off to Baku, saying "Nearly there". They make me smile each time.

Comment

Hah, yes I noticed them too

Comment

Comment

I always use all caps for my wallcharts, and find Patrick Thistle 's scribblings disconcerting. He hasn't completed the tables either, tut tut. (Poland is 0 1 2 4 6 1, sadly).

I would share mine, but I put Netherlands in Belgium's slot in R16, so there's unsightly scribbling out.

Comment

Yeah I didn't bother filling in all the tables, just the positions and the points. I'm feeling reasonable pleased with myself though. I think this is the furthest I've ever gone with a wallchart. I don't think I've made it past the group stages before.

Comment

My t-shirt arrived yesterday having been posted on 2 June. I proudly wore it to indoor cricket as our "uniform" is meant to be black, even though some of us turn up in white shorts and blue tops.

Comment

I've made my first mistake on my wallchart by inexplicably putting the wrong score in for the Italy v Austria game. Still, two weeks into a tournament before the first mistake is a personal record.

Comment

I put "US" (my handwriting is always in block caps nowadays as it atrophies) in the space for our R16 fixture.

I'm now concerned that less tournament-focussed members of my family may think the United States have been invited in to the Euros as the Copa America occasionally does or like Eurovision's inclusion of Australia.
                                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 27-06-2021, 10:14.

Comment

I messed up the QFs and started putting Denmark in the wrong place. I think jwdd27 sowed some seeds of doubt and threw me off my game.

Comment

It seems appropriate that a tournament with 9 own goals and counting is being reflected in our wall chart completion competence.
                                          I'm worried I'll drop further points for writing "Czech Rep." on one line in their R16 slot, but then "Czech Republic" on two lines in the quarters. And they're right next to each other, so the inconsistency is glaring.

I hope to have redeemed myself with a neat "AET" and now a "4-5 pens" over the score of the drawn games, although I'm further worried that in Italy's 2-1 AET, I've not indicated that it was 0-0 on 90 minutes. If anyone other than myself was to ever look at the wallchart, they might assume it was 1-1.

Comment

My wall chart is up work and last night we got placed into a snap 4-day lockdown. I was going to take my wall chart down on Friday as I'm off for the next 2 weeks for the school holidays. This is a an absolute disaster - I can't fill it in anymore!! I might have to make a sneaky trip to the office to get my wall chart as well as my cheeses that are in the fridge - got to have many legit reasons in case I get stopped by the police.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the compassionate grounds exemption is colloquially known as "the wallchart clause", CY.

Comment

Messed mine up good and proper by first writing in Croatia as the Dutch opponents, and then someone else over the top of that, so had to black it all out and fill in the Czechs underneath. Unforgivable, indeletable error, Clive.

Comment

Where does everyone write in the 'aet' and penalties scores? I squeeze aet between the score boxes and the host city but ended up putting the pens scores under the team names. I put 4p and 5p for France - Switzerland but I'm now thinking I should've written 'pens 4' and 'pens 5'. Gah.

Comment

Ps - Mrs TrL is incredulous that I have brought my wall chart on holiday with me. After being married for 22 years she really should have got used to this sort of thing by now.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X