Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody with any knowledge of Tunisian football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A woman in work was going off to tunisia with her tunisian husband for 2 weeks, asking me if i wanted anything i answered a football kit, but of a club side

she has come back with a smashing white kit, all cotten made by adidas for a team called ESS. Has arabic words on the back.

what are ESS like? when wearing it in Windsor am I going to get done over by some crazy Eyptians with a grudge going back decades?

Étoile Sportive du Sahel, from Sousse, I've seen them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etoile_Sportive_du_Sahel

Comment

They won the most recent African Champions League (beating Al Ahly of Egypt, but I don't think Rick really has to worry for his saftey in Windsor) and were mentioned on a fairly recent thread about clubs representing regions rather than cities.

The most popular (and historically successful) team in Tunisia, however is Esperance

I imagine that rick probably would get a few strange looks if he went down the pub in an outfit like that.

Comment

Esperance was who I saw them play, I couldn't remember the opposition's name (shame on me) but I knew they played in Partick Thistle's colours.

Comment

Harry, you are the last person who I though would know that (OK, maybe bored).

when were you in Tunisia? was it a star wars rock festival?

Comment

Why am I the last person? I used to do a lot of football tourism before I was married/had children. I have seen games in many countries of Europe.

Though Tunisia was just a package holiday with my wife in the late Nineties and I asked around at the hotel about matches.

Comment

Sahel went to the World Club Cup and knocked out Pachuca, sneaking one and hanging on for dear life.

Comment

I just looked it up, and a season ticket on the terraces for Etoile Sahel costs 17 pounds.

Comment

A woman in work was going off to tunisia with her tunisian husband for 2 weeks, asking me if i wanted anything i answered a football kit, but of a club side

You don't think she was thinking more of a tin of biscuits or a bookmark or something?

Comment

Working...
                  X