No announcement yet.

Weekly Howl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason why that Rotherham fan didn't invade the pitch on our promotions in 2014, 2018 and 2020 is that two of them were at Wembley and the other was decided at a meeting...

Comment

Haha. Just posted this to the pitch invasion thread.

Comment

Cameron Carter:

The bells on the Mulbarton Wanderers badge are for St Ninian the Involuntary Virgin, who was martyred in 1425 attempting to convert flatfish off the coast of Sheringham. St Ninian would wear a bell around his neck as he entered the crashing foam, believing that its peeling in the wind was the voice of the Almighty, largely bemoaning the lack of piety of dab and turbot.

St Ninian is a lesser-known figure in the Christian pantheon because his work with fish was not seen as important following the Age of Enlightenment, but he does occasionally have candles lit for him as the patron saint of people who remind you of your uncle.

Comment

Cameron Carter is wonderful...

Comment

Masterful nonsense as usual.

Comment

Another corker from CC and his "Badge of the week." This time Tahiti get the treatment:

In Tahiti are passed down the laws of the Five Extroverts. Life is considered by Tahitians as something to be enjoyed (it is unclear where this idea came from – certainly not from the Protestant missionaries) and the Five Extroverts are often depicted, as here, on a floating sea platform, having a right old time.

The First Extrovert, Vaea, teaches us to enter a room talking. This is wildly at odds with European thought, which advocates passing a visiting card to the servant and not opening conversation until it is absolutely clear your host doesn’t have a headache. The Second Extrovert, Tane, teaches us to embrace strangers. This is uniquely a Tahitian tradition, their language not having words for “inappropriate” or “unacceptable”. The Third and Fourth Extroverts aren’t named and just go round together in big glasses and shorts. The Fifth Extrovert, Enoha, teaches us to talk much louder when we are at the beach.

The Five Extroverts combined are an absolute nightmare, especially if they get on your bus, but their message to us all is to make ourselves known in the world - whether the world likes it or not.

Comment

Where do you sign up for the Weekly Howl?

Comment

https://www.wsc.co.uk/

Bottom of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                    https://www.wsc.co.uk/

Bottom of the page.
                    Thank you so much - need to get my eyes tested (or remember to use CTRL + F on the page)

Comment

De rien.

Comment

Badge of the week ~ Hinckley LRFC

Hinckley is known as the birthplace of house music pioneer, Fleisch Winterman, although this is not to be confused with 120-beats-per-minute house music, a genre that produced so many songs that will stay with us for generations to come. Only last week my grand-nephew asked me what I was whistling and I told him “It’s an old song by Frankie Knuckles presenting Satoshie Tomiie featuring Robert Owens” but he had grown older and was showing an interest in girls before I could finish.

Winterman’s music soundtracks estate agent online tours of houses for sale. He was responsible for the seminal Subtle Rustic, a perky tune combining synthesised whistling and acoustic guitar, which became so widely used in the industry that it is now impossible to turn from a low-ceilinged lounge with exposed beams into a clean, generous kitchen space incorporating original farmhouse features without humming it.

Much Sought After is perhaps his most famous piece – keyboard stabs over a bossa nova rhythm with ambient maracas, evoking French windows onto late summer decking platform – which won Winterman a 2014 Grammy in the Contemporary Real Estate category. Hinckley’s badge, in homage to the town’s most famous son, shows a terraced townhouse with lots of potential within easy distance of a Satisfactory primary school.

Comment

I dig the weird goals that seem to feature in the Weekly Howl every few weeks.

https://twitter.com/_StephenKillen/status/1562184211548848130

Comment

There's some terrific stuff in today's Howl.

The WSC Christmas party looks interesting and some of the Twitter links were ace, particularly the 20-second sending off with associated familial shame and the Costa Rican mascot race.

Comment

[URL="https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1571758627530199042"]https://t.co/XSnO93hXwb[/URL]

Comment

It definitely had an It's A Knockout vibe about it.

Comment

That TikTok of the women trying to evade the stewards at Servette in today's Howl is absolutely brilliant:

This video just gets better and better (Jia via ViralHog) #sportbible #sports Football #soccer (tiktok.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                    That TikTok of the women trying to evade the stewards at Servette in today's Howl is absolutely brilliant:

This video just gets better and better (Jia via ViralHog) #sportbible #sports Football #soccer (tiktok.com)
                                    Brilliant. Reminded me of playing Chuckie Egg in the 80s.

Comment

Re: the Finnish throw-in goal. I'm convinced that our survival from on relegation on goal difference in the second tier back in 2002 was due to a similar goal scored by us at Stockport earlier in the season.

Comment

Sadly the current fuck-ups with Twitter have meant that most of the links from the Howl don't work.

Comment

There's some cracking stuff in today's Howl, including this:

https://twitter.com/ross_mcsweeny/status/1680327815076429824/photo/1

CC was taking the piss out of Linfield's badge, which made me wonder about the strange sort of art deco/50s sci-fi structure that appears on it. Windsor Castle apparently, should anyone wish to start a thread about badges which feature symbols from hundreds of miles away, or something.

Comment

I hope they are not including Middlesborough as an "EFL" club. And GO might have summat to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                              I hope they are not including Middlesborough as an "EFL" club. And GO might have summat to say.

Yeah, I saw what they did to "Rotherham," unless it's a misprint.

Comment

Seriously ugly houses

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M81018-65726

Comment

Yeah, I saw what they did to "Rotherham," unless it's a misprint.
                                                  Typo

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M79738-57214

Comment

https://twitter.com/ross_mcsweeny/status/1680327815076429824/photo/1

CC was taking the piss out of Linfield's badge, which made me wonder about the strange sort of art deco/50s sci-fi structure that appears on it. Windsor Castle apparently, should anyone wish to start a thread about badges which feature symbols from hundreds of miles away, or something.
                                                    Their ground 'Windsor Park' is in the Windsor area of Belfast which I understand is named after the castle in England with nearby Balmoral named after another royal castle.

Our badge has a lion on it, not too many of them in Govan (this isn't Berlin you know). Dumbarton have an elephant. Actually a good number of Scottish clubs have a lion on their badge

Comment

Working...
                                                    X