It's bloody brilliant, innit?

Weekly Howl

Yes.

Comment

Weekly Howl

+1

Comment

Weekly Howl

Particularly badge of the week. I save these and pass them round to colleagues, and pretend they're my own work.

Comment

Weekly Howl

I love Badge Of The Week, but the Wikipedia vandalism is my favourite. Dubious, though - I suspect there may be a bit of "You've Been Framed" going on there, people creating their own amusing edits and sending them in. Not complaining, mind.

Comment

Weekly Howl

Wealdstone's goal last week makes the latest Howl. Worth watching.

Comment

Weekly Howl

Fantastic, but not my favourite video in this week's Howl:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/2012-07-09-10-11-16/12854-a-different-sort-of-football-special

Comment

Weekly Howl

That was on the Wealdstone forum earlier this week. Beer-Trains-Football being the travelling fans' slogan. BB&F should become a Stone...

Comment

Weekly Howl

The new format looks very good in IE.

Comment

Weekly Howl

Actually I meant Chrome, not IE, which I've not checked with.

Comment

Weekly Howl

It signifies an antique account that's not been used in years and has now been deleted from the system. The same person (so far as I've gathered from other people calling him by that old name occasionally), nowadays known as PPV, must be using a different account these days.

I might be wrong on this, but I'm convinced I only first spotted one of those greyed-out usernames, with profile details and post count removed, a couple of months back. It was when I happened to be browsing an old thread from c. 2008 and I was puzzled at first as I'd never come across this oddity before. Then over the next few weeks I stumbled across more and more of them, always on threads of a similar vintage, so I assumed it was an indicator that the crew/system was deleting ancient accounts – presumably to make room on the message-board servers.

Given that the sudden shock of the Great Boards Botch-up took place shortly afterwards, I've been wondering ever since whether, in hindsight, it had been the first sign that the changeover to this new-look OTF was imminent.

Comment

Wealdstone mention in today's Howl.

Comment

The bit on Xavi's lottery win reminds me that when Colin Douglas joined us from Doncaster Rovers he won the Millers Mayday Draw Ł1,000 almost immediately. I'm sure that it was all completely above board...

Comment

When Chelsea played Bohemians in a friendly back in the 90s Ken Bates won the half time raffle! In fairness he gave the prize back to the supporters club

Comment

My sisters bought me the Subbuteo salt'n'pepper set for my birthday...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                The bit on Xavi's lottery win reminds me that when Colin Douglas joined us from Doncaster Rovers he won the Millers Mayday Draw Ł1,000 almost immediately. I'm sure that it was all completely above board...
                                Assuming there was a Players' Bar at Millmoor you'd have had it all back in the club by last orders anyway.

Comment

Sits - don't know whether or not you get the Weekly Howl but thought you'd appreciate this one if not.

Badge of the week ~ Maidenhead United

It was often said in Berkshire: "When the big magpie and the very small magpie fly over the bridge there shall be good fortune for someone." The saying persisted for centuries, largely because it was impossible to disprove, but also because the type of people who said it would make sure they said it a lot, even when its application was tenuous at best to the preceding dialogue.

A local saying that has not lasted so well is: "When the bat flies out the dell, electricity and water will mix well." People finally stopped saying this in the region after several electrocution fatalities at or around dusk.

Maidenhead United still use the magpie aphorism because visitors to the area like it when crusty old townspeople say it to them because of course this is what living in a country town is all about. That and very poor theatre. Cameron Carter

Comment

a strip club called Watch Women Undressing
                                    is genius.

Comment

Yes, though outdone by the brilliance of “the world's first Compliance Manager”

Comment

The Portland Timbers thing was pretty good too. As was the Real Sociedad goal miss. Looked incredibly painful.

Comment

This is Weekly Howl calibre.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tommunns1...92423586402305

Comment

From this week, the Wolves fan who flew to Newcastle via Benidorm as it was cheaper than the train.

There seem to be a lot of Ryan Air mentions in his very limited Twitter history?

Comment

Sean Thornton was the name of John Wayne's character in The Quiet Man.

Comment

Yay! It's back.

Comment

The clip from the Middlesbrough-Sheffield United match included in this week's Howl was twitten by someone whose profile includes the suggestion "Communists to get the rope". I think that might be going a tad too far, even if he feels that Roman Abramovich could be thus categorised.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X