Get In The Conference, Lewes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done to all at The Dripping Pan, where Lewes beat Dorchester Town 2-0 to gain promotion to the Blue Square Premier. I'm not sure how their ground managed to pass muster, but never mind. They're going to have to have to play much better than they have done on all three occasions that I've seen them play this season if they want to stay there, though.

Gutted I missed today - getting quite attached to the Rooks and today would have been fun. Thought they did well on tuesday against a skillful Fisher, but i do think they will struggle in the Conference.
    And, yeah, God knows how The Pan is going to cope with any sizable amount of away fans, say Oxford for example.

Comment

Yeah!!!!

I'm a Lewes fan, sort of. Mainly just because of their name, but somewhere I have a Lewes FC shirt and a Lewes FC game program. I'm hoping to acquire a scarf.

Comment

I'm going next saturday, do you want me to get you one?

Comment

Would you? That would be so fantastic. Send me a PM.

Comment

I've seen them three times this season - they beat a pretty woeful Bath City, then were completely outplayed by St Albans City, and today they really made very hard work of seeing off Dorchester Town (who were already all but down regardless of today's result). The Dripping Pan got a Conference B Grading last week but, considering that it looked more or less full with 1,600 there today, I don't know who they'll cope with a big club bringing, say, 1,000 supporters there (which happened at St Albans twice during their abortive season in the Conference).

Comment

PM sent

Comment

The best things about Lewes are as follows:

1. The location of The Dripping Pan. It's a thirty second walk from the railway station. Also, as has been mentioned on here before, the name "The Dripping Pan" itself.

2. The fact that they'll let you take booze in plastic glasses onto the terraces with you (a practice that I think will have to end from next season, even though there were plenty of policemen there today, standing around chatting to people and not being bothered by people drinking while a football match was going on).

When's the last home game, HF, and who are they playing?

Comment

Next saturday, Weston Super Mare. They'll probably lose.
                  The ground is a charmer though, even though they always run out of Harvey's - which is brewed about 750 yards away..

Comment

Ah, Harvey's....

Comment

Yeah, they ran out of Harveys at about ten to three today, even though it's one of the most civilised places to watch football that I know. I got photos of both of the goals today - I'll stick them up as soon as I've had a fiddle with them.

Comment

Next Saturday should be fun. Get to witchcraft central early to watch the premiership nonsense on telly, off to the game, quick drunken roll down the grass bank, then find a pub with the Conference and cross fingers we beat Northwich

Comment

Here we go:

1-0!

2-0!

4.51 and 30 seconds

Comment

I'm looking forward to going to Lewes again. The ground's interesting, but tinpot, but the pubs, and especially the Harveys, was brilliant. I suspect they'll get around the problem of catering for the tens of thousands of Oxford fans wanting to make the trip by scheduling the game for a Tuesday in February.

Comment

Was the 2nd goal scored by the guy looking for ants on the ground, or the guy who's just had his stool stolen ?

Comment

By the bloke looking for ants.

Comment

that grass bank just loks made for rolling down after a few harveys - although a St Albans fan got thrown this season for said action during a turgid 1st half

Comment

Yeah, that was someone I know, and I was there when it happened. Typical non-league fuss about nothing, really.

Comment

here it is

Comment

Well, I had no idea there was a video. You can momentarily see my nose in it.

Comment

you in the red jacket?

Comment

God, no! I think I may be smoking a cigarette in it. Every time I see myself on film or camera, it reminds me of how much weight I've put on in the last year or so.

Comment

Super stuff. Well done The Rooks from a Brighton boy abroad.

I have a few good memories of The Dripping Pan and many of Lewes itself.

A place that gave the world Harvey & Son and the Bridge Wharf brewery and the World's best ale deserves great days.

Pip Parris, Grant Horscroft and other famous Lewes players of the past rejoice.

All we need is for the Football League to penalise Leeds further on appeal and the Albion could sneak a play off place.

Sussex football on the up.

Comment

....at least you're not wearing that jacket.

Right, I'm off to drink mucho Harveys

Comment

200pc, you're the St Albans City fan aren't you? What's happened there recently - results have really turned around?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X