Is the old OTF dead already then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems a bit harsh, though if it was done to kill off the 'Manchester United v Liverpool' thread then I think we'll all agree the sacrifice was worth it.

It looks that way. Javier Mascherano has a lot to answer for. Although obviously it was Steve Bennett's fault etc.

Comment

Looks like it's closed, and read only now.

The last post (bugle sound parp parp parppppp) was by Belhaven...

I believe Heart of Midlothian is named after a dance hall.

Comment

The domain is back on-line, but the old board is "down for maintenance".

Comment

It's blatantly not going through any actual maintenance. It's just a ploy to herd everyone onto the new board. Which is understandable, I s'pose.

Comment

The old board is now back in amber.

Comment

From the sticky post:

We had hoped to keep the old OTF board up and running while the new one was settling in. Unfortunately this caused our server to crash bringing down both message boards. We have now had to make the old board read-only and apologise for the abrupt end to posting. All posts are still there and we hope you will bear with us while the new board gets up to speed. (We're all going on holiday for a fortnight now).

Comment

It's like gazing at the waxen visage of a first love who died all too young . . .

Sniff.

Celine Dion must have a song for times like these.

Comment

A song and a kayak.

Comment

Chief Wiggum:Okay, Colossus, you're free to go. But stay away from Death Mountain.

Dr. Colossus: Aw, but all my stuff is there!

Comment

I dont like it already. Still at least it gives everyone the chance to adopt a new identity. *searches frantically for smiley thing*.

Comment

It doesn't say on the old board that this one's up and running ... I only chanced upon it ... bastards!

Comment

I finished with a grand total of 99 posts on the old board.

I now know exactly how David Beckham must have felt before tonight.

Comment

This is going to fuck OTF in the short term. Most of the contributors aren't here; the ones who are here are pissed off with all the layout and design hassles, and understandably posting about that instead of other things; and all the existing threads have been snuffed out.

The board's not going to be particularly illuminating to read for the next while.

Comment

JtS wrote:
                              The last post (bugle sound parp parp parppppp) was by Belhaven...
                              I believe Heart of Midlothian is named after a dance hall.
                              Holy moly... that looks like it was my thread. Woohoo!

Comment

Working...
                              X