BBC World Football Phone-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dotun's singing is the appeal!

Yeah, the callers chiming in about masks and all of the talk of the Washington R*dskins was strange, but it was all mostly soccer in the second hour.

Not sure if you're aware, danielmak, but Dotun and Tim also started a separate podcast, the Brazilian Shirt Name podcast. Having listened to two, the concept is they take a famous game, and then talk about what songs were in the top ten at the time the game happened, trying to find connections between soccer at the time and what was going on in terms of pop culture and music. The first one was about England winning the World Cup. It's interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post

Not sure if you're aware, danielmak, but Dotun and Tim also started a separate podcast, the Brazilian Shirt Name podcast. Having listened to two, the concept is they take a famous game, and then talk about what songs were in the top ten at the time the game happened, trying to find connections between soccer at the time and what was going on in terms of pop culture and music. The first one was about England winning the World Cup. It's interesting.
      I didn't know that. I'll add it to the Itunes queue. I can't say when I'll get to it, though. Haha. I had been on a steady diet of different podcasts, but now it's mostly WSC and the Blizzard games through The Football Ramble. That's about the extent of my free time unfortunately.

Listening to the trailer, it sounds like this is what they were doing during the break because Dotun didn't sound like he was in a studio during that trailer.
      Last edited by danielmak; 16-07-2020, 04:40.

Comment

You speak for yourself, Inca!

Comment

ugh, after some good episodes last night's episode starting out with 15 minutes talking about the grading scandal in Britain. Aren't there already enough programs on the BBC to talk about current events? I don't understand why that's being horned in to a football phone in show. I can only imagine that it's a management decision.

Comment

Back in the day before they did full-show podcasts, I used to use Audio Hijack Pro to record the episodes and could skip anything like this. I would start the stream via the 5 Live site, scroll to the start of the show, start my recording, come back in two hours, and stop. Then I could listen during the commute. Luckily they expanded the podcast to cover the full show. I don't know why they wouldn't edit this stuff out of the podcast.

I have been so swamped with work that the only football podcast I listen to right now is WSC and a few of the Blizzard greatest games podcasts.

Comment

An FYI that, as I posted in the podcasts thread in Film/TV, Dotun how hosts the Football Ramble's On the Continent podcast, so he's with Andy Brassell again.

Comment

An FYI that, as I posted in the podcasts thread in Film/TV, Dotun how hosts the Football Ramble's On the Continent podcast, so he's with Andy Brassell again.
                Dotun's making the rounds. To keep with the Ramble theme. They figured out how to use recording technologies that didn't restrict them to London-based guests for the Blizzard Greatest games. But once cities in the UK opened back up, they basically stopped releasing new Blizzard shows, which is a shame. Those episodes are very enjoyable but certainly lack the big personality that Dotun brings.

Comment

I figured out why I haven't been seeing these On the Continent podcasts. Football Ramble has followed the move used by other producers: they can't make up their minds where they will house the subscription. First, these podcasts were separate, then part of the regular download, and now separate again. I prefer them to be separate so the feed isn't as long and I can figure out what I have or haven't listened to/what I want to hear. But, man, make a decision and stick with it. I assume these greatest game podcasts have also been separated out but I can't seem to find where they are housed in iTunes these days. Or maybe they are on hiatus. No way to know.

Comment

Working...
                  X