• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scooby Doo and the mystery of Old Trafford

what on earth are you talking about.

Comment

Sir Fartle wrote:
      We steam-rollered them in a wave of red magnificence.

We have sent them back to London with sore bottoms and a lifetimes supply of Preparation H for their woes...
      And minutes after full-time, 'we' were on OTF talking about it...

Comment

What do you expect me to do?

I'm four thousand miles away.

Comment

Why don't Manchester United players get booked?

Comment

Support your local side?

[/open goal]

Comment

We should have had six penalties.

They were tackling us in the penalty area and all sorts...

Comment

I was watching anderson there, and I got a bit confused.

Man utd signed a young attacking midfielder dubbed the new ronaldinho, whose attacking play won him the golden ball at the 2005 u-17 youth world cup.

at some point along the line he has turned into the "new edgar davids". how did that happen? He even shoots as badly as edgar Davids. How has he fundamentally changed his style of play in a matter of months?

Comment

2006: "Chelsea claimed that Gallas had threatened to score an own goal if they did not let him leave for Arsenal — an accusation that the France defender has always denied."

2007/08: In three games against Man Utd, Gallas scores two own goals and concedes the most unnecessary penalty in the history of football.

There's some sort of unreported hostage situation going on at Arsenal, isn't there.

Comment

People have buttered toast for years. No-one's new to the toast-buttering game. This being the case, no-one shouldn't know how much marge goes on a piece of toast. And yet, there remains to be people in this world who take too much marge. What do we end up with? We end with toasted crumbs back in the tub. Heinous. Unforgivable.

Similarly, football teams are at their weakest in the 5-10 minutes after they have scored. Exhilerated by scoring, team's lose concentration, opening themselves up for the sucker punch. This is a time to retain focus and keep things tight. And yet, Arsenal continue to concede goal after goal in this period of play. Heinous, unforgivable.

No use doing the hard work if you continue to concede cheaply boys...

Comment

EIM would be proud of that toast analogy.

Comment

Why oh why oh why oh why do Arsenal insist on trying to pass the ball intricately into the net when they've got four men in the box, all twelve yards out?

Has Arsene Wenger drilled this "New Corinthians" thing into them so much that they simply cannot draw an inevitable foul off a sliding in Wes Brown and win a penalty? (Unlikely, given that one of their lads punched their first goal into the net).

If that exact game had been replayed with Gerrard and Babel up front for Arsenal, Van der Saar would have thought it was penalties practice in the second half.

Still, well played Man U, that's your 17th Championship in the bag. Only one behind, now.

Comment

Just seen the Hargreaves free-kick.

Anderson was hilarious, standing behind the Arsenal wall, jumping up and down and waving his arms and pulling faces at Lehmann to put him off.

Comment

Doe anyone know what the freekick was awarded for? Sky replay technology failed to replay it?

Comment

Anderson was hilarious, standing behind the Arsenal wall, jumping up and down and waving his arms and pulling faces at Lehmann to put him off.
                              Did they make him put a little fez on, as well?

Comment

evra juggled the ball past gilberto, I didn't see the foul to be honest, the camera angle was bad.

I love anderson

Comment

I almost felt sorry for Arsenal. But seeing Lehmann and Eboue and van Persie lose never is cause for sorrow.

Man Utd were lucky today. Watch them being held for a draw at Blackburn and lose at Chelsea. I have a nagging feeling that Avram Grant will be champion in May.

Comment

Jaidi, I think it was, was doing something similar to Tim Howard just before Zarate scored from a free-kick in yesterday's Birmingham-Everton game.

I presume that the laws of the game forbid such naughtiness.

Comment

Working...
                                    X