Ryan Giggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan Giggs

Some fan on Radio 5 about an hour ago, who claims to watch 50 United games a season reckons that Giggs should have been sold years ago. He also said that he has never played at more than 60-70% of his ability, save the 1998-99 treble season.

Is this a fair assessment of him? Or has this kind of view come about due to the sheer brilliance of Ronaldo this season?

Ryan Giggs

Giggs was excellent for most of last season (like Scholes) but has completely fallen to pieces this year (unlike Scholes).

The moronic fan on Radio 5 has obviously taken Giggs' own comment from a few years ago about not being able to sprint at more than 70% of his full pace for fear of damaging his hamstrings, and decided to extrapolate it into a wider comment on Giggs' form.

It's faintly sad watching him now though. He's totally gone.

Comment

Ryan Giggs

For years I held the view that the two players most crucial to United's fortunes were Giggs and Scholes, not Beckham or van Nistlerooy or whoever was grabbing the headlines at that particular time. Probably because it has was always those two who cause feared in derbies. I still thought that last season, it is only this season that I have changed tack - there's that stat about their record with Rooney and Ronaldo vs when one of them is missing.

Comment

Ryan Giggs

1992/1993, 1993/1994, 1995/1996, 1998/1999 are what I would call 'Vintage Giggs' seasons...

With United's current ticketing setup, I doubt that fella gets to watch 50 games a season...Next he'll say that he's never been chubbed...

Comment

Ryan Giggs

Class player - Still hugely influential, I reckon.
          How many games that he plays in do United lose?

Comment

Ryan Giggs

I dont think he had a decent game for wales for quite a few years before retiring

I remember his first start, home to belgium in the qualifiers in about 1993. just ran the show for 90 mins.

Comment

Ryan Giggs

I agree. I think his whole Wales career was unfulfilled and a fifteen year anti-climax.
              Still a great player for his club.
              Most appearances soon. Also probably the most decorated player in English league football ever.

Comment

Ryan Giggs

Didn't we have the 'Giggs' good game for Wales' discussion on the old board ...

... am I allowed to claim the new board's first "we've done this before"?

Comment

Ryan Giggs

Jorge, mate, you're as slow as your defence...

Comment

Ryan Giggs

Ah, I've been to World about as often as Drew Broughton's been inside an opposition penalty box

Comment

Working...
                    X