Best football anthems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best football anthems

Which ones were they? I don't think I saw them.
    They had a British film season, with an ad that used quick cuts through various UK flicks set to that tune. It was pretty good, but had the unfortunate effect of making me sing the bastard thing. UGH.

Comment

Best football anthems

Scotzine wrote:
      Have to say there is a new anthem for Scotland and the Tartan Army called 'We'll be Coming!' sang by the Tartan Specials - when you hear it in the terracing (ok stands!!) at Hampden Park it sends shivvers down your spine and makes you want to sing and chat along - its infectious!!
      'We'll Be Coming' is pretty far down my list of favourite Scotland songs. When we first started singing it a few years ago I was very much a fan but it is really beinning to grate on me now, and the Tartan Specials' version is even more annoying. Mind you I quite like 'Doh A Deer' so you may want to treat my opinion with well deserved scorn.

For Scottish clubs 'Sunshine On Leith' remains a favourite for me, it has just the right mixture of angst and optimism for a football song. The Proclaimers know how to churn out a great sing-a-long tune with '500 Miles' and 'I'm On My Way' also regularly sung at Scotland games.

Comment

Best football anthems

Outside of my club's anthem I have always liked Manchester City's Blue Moon, and When the Spurs go Marching In is also good when sung in full voice.

I also like Sheff Utd's Greasy Chip Butty song, to the tune of dear John Denver.

In terms of singing at football, it was almost a pleasure to be insulted by Swansea at their old ground in the late 90s. Lovely baritones.

Comment

Best football anthems

YNWA has to be the most stirring of the lot.
          Celtic's , originally ?

Comment

Best football anthems

'Keep Right On' (Birmingham City) sounds pretty good too.

Comment

Best football anthems

"Let 'em come" is terrible and about as stirring / intimidating as Dick van Dyke's chimney sweep. Although it's perhaps the only thing that raises a smile on a visit to the Den.

Comment

Best football anthems

I think Fenerbahce are cornering the market ...

Comment

Working...
                X