Sporting v Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sporting v Rangers

I was talking in general terms, not about last night.

Then it's the gloryhunter attraction for you with Celtic then

Celtic were the second best team in Scotland when I began following them, well behind Fergie's Aberdeen and slightly ahead of Dundee United.

Rangers didn't enter the picture until a couple of years later when Souness turned up and began smashing everything else to pieces.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

So, in general terms what does all this extra insight you're getting from your Setanta package tell you that I'm not getting about Rangers ?

Point me to the deluded posts I've been making about Rangers as a result please.

If you make a choice to support Celtic (or Rangers) then you are pretty much guaranteeing yourself that you will see trophies won regularly during the duration of your support.

From the timeframe you give I'm going to assume you started supoorting Celtic around 1984. This means that despite Aberdeen, Dundee United and Rangers having the best periods of success in their histories you've still seen around 20 trophies won. An average of nearly one a season is no hardship.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

An average of nearly one a season is no hardship.

Erm, I didn't say it was . . .

what does all this extra insight you're getting from your Setanta package tell you that I'm not getting about Rangers ?

I sense that Setanta is becoming a growing obsession in your psyche.

Basically, you tend to have a better idea about what a team are like if you watch them play every once in a while.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

So....through gritted teeth, once again I ask you to point me in the direction of the posts I have made where my perception of Rangers based around the limited games I see is out of kilter with what you, or what the experts on Setanta, think.

From all that coverage you've been watching and the amount of effort you have expended labouring this spurious point, there must be lots of stuff.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

You haven't made very many points about Rangers at all, as it happens, because you only post about them a few times per season after they have had a particularly good result. What's annoying is that you shout the odds about them -- and Celtic -- despite the fact that you don't bother watching the actual matches.

It would be like me going onto one of the art threads and holding forth about specific paintings despite not having actually looked at them.

Comment

Working...
            X