X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sporting v Rangers

Headline from website Maisfutebol:

"Rangers in Lisbon with a sea of fans"

According to the local press, 15,000 are actually expected (which will be phenomenal). Sporting have appealed to their fans to show up (so that it's not a home game for Rangers) and a spokesman says they've sold 30,000.

Sporting to win this, I reckon. I hope.

Sporting v Rangers

That's nowt. Celtic took two and a half million to Seville.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

I heard three.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

That bait is positively rancid.

The Huns will score a goal at some stage. The Huns will defend for their lives with nine men on the 18-yard line and the Burger Van waddling around in the centre circle. The Huns will kick lumps out of Sporting's floppy-haired ponces. The Huns will qualify. The Huns will keep advancing until they encounter a team with sufficient brains to play around their system.

I have zero confidence in Sporting to win this match.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

Excellent post HB, and somewhat reminiscent of dalliance's frustrated rantings (I'd never seen the word "prosaic" used with such venom before) five years ago when Celtic were at a similiar stage of the competition.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

Celtic are my favourite Scottish team but i hope Rangers win this and get to the final. This will help the other Scottish teams get more european places next season. It would be good to see them play Bayern Muncih in the final.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

It's nice that Celtic are doing their bit for the Scottish European coefficient by generously allowing Rangers to gambol freely to the title, ensuring tney can save their energies for these European matches.

Though I think Sporting will win narrowly tonight.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

Forgot to say earlier - I find it highly amusing that Rangers have to follow a visit to the Estádio José Alvalade with a journey to Firhill four days later.

Rangers to win on penalties tonight and then lose on penalties at the weekend. You read it here first.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

Surely that would make thistle champions of Glasgow ?

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

somewhat reminiscent of dalliance's frustrated rantings (I'd never seen the word "prosaic" used with such venom before) five years ago when Celtic were at a similiar stage of the competition.

This Rangers side make Celtic 2003 look like Tele Santana's Brazil. There's not a single proper footballer in their team.

It's worked, so far, but it's absolutely diabolical to watch. But Smith is in the results business and he keeps getting them. Unfortunately.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

An oldie but a goodie. Try and find the deliberate gag . . .

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

Ach, c'mon, that photo has been doctored - the lighting's wrong on those Lucozade bottles, so they've clearly have been cut out and pasted on...

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

Bosch, you really must throw off this ridiculous Huns/ Ipox/ Greyskull obsession, and celebrate instead your own excellent team's successes. Many of us would be delighted if our team dropped to second place every third season.

Which reminds me, who are they getting in to replace Avram?

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

Look elsewhere in the front row. . .

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

I can see at least four "deliberate gags" in there (other than the main one).

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

HB: I know, I saw him - the above post was merely my feeble attempt at humour.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

I don't recognise the Trialist.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

I do recognise the trialist but am frustratingly unable to place him.

The gags I was referring to were Mols, Rae, Malcolm and Dodds.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

Hieronymus Bosch wrote:
                                      An oldie but a goodie. Try and find the deliberate gag . . .

Hahahaha, thats awesome.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

Leverkusen have gotten a goal back in St. Petersburg, but it doesn't look like it is going to be enough.

0-1 after 66 minutes, but still 4-2 to Zenit on aggregate.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

This is a fucking awful game -- I can't take any more.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

Viola go 1-0 up in Eindhoven.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

10 men Getafe go 1-0 up against Bayern. Contra the scorer.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

Great night for Romanians so far. Fiorentina's goal was a 30 metre free kick from Mutu.

Comment

Sporting v Rangers

Mutu again, on a counter. This just might be a very, very famous night in Fiorentina history.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X