Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man Utd Vs Roma, Some others against Danes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could someone tell me what BRC stands for please, I won't be able to fully appreciate a good debate on here without the knowledge.

Comment

Big Red Club.

Like Wrexham.

Comment

Comment

thank you for illumination!!

Comment

And just to take this thread back to Barnsley v Watford, look who doubled his goals for the season by scoring two of Barnsley's goals.

Kayode "2 goals in 40 games before tonight" Odejaye.

That miss against Cardiff at Wembley seems to have done the trick for his confidence.

Comment

There's something supremely arrogant about a team being able to rest its star players and still have a squad to play well enough to win a CL qtr final game.

It's the football equivalent of saying I'll beat you with one hand tied behind my back.

Comment

Or it is a manager having confidence in even those players who don't regularly make the starting XI.

Comment

Bit of both.

Mind, it was hardly a Carling Cup (Is it still sponsored by Carling? I lose track) style team. I'd guess every player was an international.

Comment

Or indeed a manager saying that this team needs to score three against us.

One of my central defenders is out and another 70 per cent fit. I will therefore play two holding midfield players in front of them and two wide players who will squeeze in when defending and break wide when we win the ball.

If we do concede a goal I will have Rooney and Ronaldo fresh off the bench. If not required they get a much needed rest before a tired and dispirited Arsenal come to play in a game that could effectively seal the title if results go our way.

Ferguson might be maligned but he is not an idiot.

Comment

Three English clubs in the semi-finals. Hooray. Barcelona are my only hope.

Back on to the crazy Championship, Leicester are at home to Colchester on Saturday, so won't be in the bottom three for long. By 5 o'clock Saturday Wednesday will be back there. Mental really that a club with 47 pts is in the bottom three with four games still to go.

Comment

Heard a great quote last night, from an unexpected source. I was at the leaving do for one of m'lovely wife's colleagues, watching the Man Utd/Roma game with them all at one of the pubs in town. My wife doesn't take much of an interest in football and asked one of them, a United fan, if it was an important game. "No", was the reply. "We're winning".

Comment

Well united were a bit poor for most of that game but if the italians had been more up for it we might have had to play better. I just heard on the radio Ronaldinoh is never gonna play for them again whats all that about? Is he really going to the bitters ha ha.

Comment

The Ronaldinho story has really reached ridiculous proportions. The latest "confirmed bid" according to Marca is from Guan Beijing.

Comment

Three English clubs in the semi-finals. Hooray. Barcelona are my only hope.
                              What he said. Without holding out too much hope that they're not going to be battered into submission, Vamos Blaugrana.

Comment

Leaving Barcelona aside (and we have to as they're not going to get to the final) we neutrals are all going to have to dig out micrometers to see who we would least dislike to see winning the thing.

Comment

If Barcelona give up that many chances to a middle-ranking side like Schalke 04, you wouldn't give them a prayer against Man United. Carles Puyol is out of the first leg after picking up another booking last night.

Comment

I think over the 2 legs Roma created a number of clear-cut chances too. Barcelona will create them too. Utd will need to improve their ratio of goals to chances on the basis of last night and other games too, to win comfortably.

Utd could have been 3-0 up in the first 15 or 1-0 down at HT last night. I thought they were pretty loose on the whole last night. Though a 2 goal cushion is probably part of the reason for that. To me, the 3-0 aggregrate flattered Utd, though they deserved to go through overall.

Comment

I don't take it at all for granted that Man Utd should go into the semis as favourites.

Comment

But they are.

Comment

Paddy Power:

Man United 7/4
                                          Barcelona 11/4
                                          Chelsea 3/1
                                          Liverpool 3/1

Comment

Is he really going to the bitters ha ha.
                                            They're already making the flag and pressing the 'Ronaldinho: The New Messiah' DVD...

Btw, I thought we agreed giving fans of other clubs amusing names was a capital offense.

Wheres Hobbes?

Comment

Amusing?

Albert Tatlock is a WUM.

Comment

I thought it was an oblique reference to the drinking allegations.

Angostura, I presumed.

Comment

EIM sent me a message on Facebook asking me if I was Albert Tatlock. I had no idea what he meant as I haven't been on Coronation Street for a while, not since Gail left me...anyway...

I am not Albert Tatlock.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote:
                                                    I thought it was an oblique reference to the drinking allegations.

Angostura, I presumed.
                                                    No, its a name us United fans give to that lot with the Meccano'esque stadium.

'Bitters'.

Its because they're always bitter and upset about everything...Mostly because we're great and successful...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X