Clear All

Dunphy v Brady

"You jumped over the fence, baby!"

Dunphy v Brady

what was the thing leading up to this?

And why is Souness on RTE?

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

Dunphy had video of Wenger over the last couple of matches on the sideline looking very agitated. Dunphy compared him to John Cleese's ridiculous walk and Souness said he'd never seen Wenger so worked up and he feared that he would want to go in the summer.

It was great viewing.

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

RTE had prepared a clip of footage of Wenger during Saturday's game. He was agitated and gesticulating all over the place. They could almost have set it to music. Dunphy compared him to John Cleese and the Ministry of Silly Walks.

Brady got all indignant and said he wouldn't have come on the show if he'd known a clip like that was going to be shown.

Why shouldn't Souness be on the panel? I wonder what he says to his footballing mates about the freedom of RTE when he goes back to Britain.

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

Souness spends a lot of time on RTE and is a different pundit to the one who appears periodically on Sky. I think he started with RTE in the World Cup in 2006.

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

Even before he started turning up on RTE, Souness was more opinionated on Sky Sports than most of their other pundits (not much of a boast, admittedly).

I remember watching a Man Utd-Liverpool game on that channel a few years ago. Souness was one of the analysts and was very pro-Man United (it was a game that they won 4-0). I was pretty surprised.

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

I wasnt slagging him or RTE off, I was just curious as to Souness (and not for example, John Greig. (that was a joke))

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

This is impressive punditry. A three-way debate from which I can honestly say I want none of the participants to come out of with any credibility.

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

Brady has pulled out of tonight's show, according to the news. It's claimed he will be back for the next round, though.

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

Dunphy and Giles are there on their own tonight.

Dunphy seems to be under the impression that Christian Panucci is called Christian Panini.

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

I think the real victim here is John Cleese.

Didn't see much of last night's coverage, did they allude to Brady's absence?

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

Dunphy gave a non-apologetic apology on Morning Ireland today. "Liam had had a very long day . . . it was a tense match . . . a disappointing result for him . . . blah blah blah . . ."

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

Dunphy and Ray Houghton were doing some after-dinner speaking for a 1000euro a table fund raiser for Waterford United on Friday night. Not only did they apparently not charge their fee, but when they were auctioning a Ronaldihno signed shirt at the end of the night, the bidding stalled at €500, and Dunphy put in a bid of €10000. If the cheque clears before he sobers up then he'll become a local hero.

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

Plenty of time to cash that cheque, so.

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

Dunphy can well afford it.

Nice gesture though.

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

Part of me would love to see Dunphy on Match of the Day, but the sane part of me knows that he'd be diluted by knowing winks from the contemptible Gary Lineker and guest slots on Past-It Minor Celebrities Sulking About Things Even Though They're Minted.

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

It's ended up on YouTube

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

Why is Dunphy so minted?

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

a few books that sold well, notably keane and the U2 book which was a new york times bestsellers, and a succession of increasingly lucrative jobs on radio & tv. it all adds up eventually. these days he's probably making in the region of 500k a year from his radio programme, tv appearances, book sales and a mobile phone deal. he was making more a little while ago but decided to cut his workload.

Comment

Dunphy v Brady

he was paid approximately €3,000 a show to do 200 breakfast shows a year for Newstalk, (nearly as much as the rest of the wagebill put together) He was paid a lot of money to do the drive time show on Today FM, he has been a highly paid journalist for over 20 years. He has written a number of very successful books. Only a game, a strange kind of glory, Unforgettable Fire, and ghosted Keane. He is on RTE for the Champions league, and the premiership coverage. He was also paid a sackful for an abortive TV chat show on tv3.

Comment

Working...
                                        X