Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Hollins

SNN have said he 'may' be replacing roy hodgson at fulham

on this downward spiral of managerial appointments how long until bryan robson has the craven cottage hot seat?

John Hollins

Has Hodgson been fired, or are they just getting their bets down early for next season?

Comment

John Hollins

Have to say, phew - whenever a title comes up like this re one of the Chelsea 1970 brigade, I fear the worst.

Comment

John Hollins

I think he means John Collins.

Doesn't he?

Comment

John Hollins

Yes, I opened the thread with some trepidation.

I thought that the Riverside Rockets were supposed to be lining up John Collins to take over from Woy? Sounds a bit more likely than Hollins.

Comment

John Hollins

sorry. they could have easily said that on SSN

still. its a madhouse

Comment

John Hollins

It is widely rumoured to be John Collins but well done Rick for the most ludicrous thread-starter on the new board and a prime contender for comedy mis-hearing of the season. Are you sure it's not Collins John or Joan Collins taking over at The Cottage?

I can't hear Hollins name without thinking of the 'Who Dares Wins' sketch where God comes back to Earth and the news report of it is interrupted by the football scores ending with the comment "Judgement Day not changing John Hollins' luck there".

Comment

John Hollins

Wasn't it something like: "We have reports of the oceans being lifted from their floors, mountains crumbling, the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse sighted in the skies...and Chelsea are 2-1 down to Coventry, so no change in luck for Johnny Hollins there."

Comment

John Hollins

It is widely rumoured to be John Collins but well done Rick for the most ludicrous thread-starter on the new board and a prime contender for comedy mis-hearing of the season. Are you sure it's not Collins John or Joan Collins taking over at The Cottage?

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Comment

John Hollins

Nocturnal Submission wrote:
                    Wasn't it something like: "We have reports of the oceans being lifted from their floors, mountains crumbling, the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse sighted in the skies...and Chelsea are 2-1 down to Coventry, so no change in luck for Johnny Hollins there."
                    I think you're closer with the lead-up but the punchline is indelibly inked on my brain as I typed it above (apart from it was Johnny not John).

Comment

John Hollins

Fair enough.

Comment

John Hollins

John Hollins' brother was capped for Wales

as you were

Comment

John Hollins

I'm a professional footballer. And I've been one for TWENTY YEARS. And that's all because I don't smoke cigarettes.

Comment

John Hollins

was John Hollins' brother a particularly dangerous opponent for Wales? Capping is a bit extreme.

Comment

John Hollins

John Hollins is busy getting Weymouth relegated.

My Weymouth supporting mate reckons that his smug newsreading cunt of a son couldn't do any worse a job of managing the side.

Comment

John Hollins

Maybe he meant Henry Rollins? Now he'd sort 'em out.

Comment

John Hollins

Maybe he meant Henry Rollins? Now he'd sort 'em out.

Ha! Ha! Ha! That'd be fucking fantastic - a 10-minute monologue on gay rights as a team talk, beat the shit out of Danny Murphy for his laziness, and then read a couple of poems before sending the team out for a six-pointer with Reading.

Comment

John Hollins

Mebbes it was Danny Collins eh RD?
                                    I was at the 1985 League (Milk) Cup Semi-Final second leg at Stamford Bridge when the home fans realised it wasnt to be their night.
                                    John Hollins was the Chelsea physio and he was returning to the dugout after treating a player on the pitch when he was felled by a plastic seat thrown from the "big stand". The cheer that went up from their "fans" was sickening.
                                    Although I hate the "sky sports sanitization" of football as much as the next old school fan that state of affairs couldnt be allowed to continue....wheres my Horlicks woman?

Comment

John Hollins

Yesh - if it was all standing there wouldn't be any chairs to throw.

Comment

John Hollins

John Hollins' brother was capped for Wales

as you were
                                        Heh, that came up in our staff quiz night on Thursday. He was a goalie, by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                        X