I was a teenage armchair emergency leftback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ulstorszag- Hungary thread. A combination of long- and short-term injury, family illness, penny pinching and Nigelheybay's stubborness, leave us with barely enough outfield players to fill the bench. The likely line-up:

--------Schneider--------

Baird--Duff--Evans--McGivern

Gillespie--O'Connor--Clingan--McCann

----Healy----Lafferty----

hmmm clever you. is it some kind of preparation for end of march clash of titans at Windsor? if i understand correctly you tried to find an opposition with a style of play similar to ours?
    our management are not that far behind as we're playing Eire at Croke Park tonight. clever us eh?
    wonder if there is going to be more polish or irish in the stands? and if the stadium is going to be full as it's reported here.
    you'd be happy to hear that some of my job mates when they heard we're playing the Republic tonight asked me: what are you doing here ypu were supposed to be at the away game vs Norn Ireland.

Comment

Dzien dobry Bob. Good luck against PoŁudniowy. I hear there are plenty of tickets available, but then Croke is an enormous stadium. Any hint yet of where we'll be playing in Polska next year? I'm looking forward to a pirogi already.

Latest news from Budapest:

Erwin Koeman szövetségi kapitány kedd este több mint egyórás edzést tartott Belfastban a szerdai, Észak-Írország elleni barátságos mérkőzésre készülő válogatottunk tagjainak. A bemelegítés a hűvös időre való tekintettel a szokásosnál is alaposabb volt, majd többféle labdás gyakorlat következett, amelyek annyiban különböztek a hétfőiektől, hogy már taktikai elemeket is tartalmaztak

Ad hoc to thread please. But I get the gist; Belfast tart-ban for the horny Hungarians, build on U-21 tactical excellence in gubbing the Tartan Army etc.

Comment

hi Duncan. not a smallest hint about next year's venue yet. lot will depend on Belfast result. your win would mean probably movin the game to some smaller ground. our win could mean Chorzow. unfortunately not a chance the game would be played in northern part of Poland.

quite surprised you're looking forward to pierogi. my belgian guests demanded any kind of sauce to be delivered immediately when they tasted pierogi. but they eat their chips with mayo what explains a lot to be fair.

current report says that Croker will be full tonight with ca. 40 thousand support each side. where do they got those kind of news from?

Eire lineup for tonight: Given - McShane, O'Shea, Dunne, Kilbane - Duff, Gibson, Whelan, Keogh - Doyle, Folan.

one thing i understood when listening to hungarian radio when coming back from balkan tour last month was: esz-em-esz what probably meant sms. apart from that: nothing at all.

Comment

Latest: Zinedine McCann is out now, with a heavy cold. I can see Zsoltan Karpaty and chums rhapsodising their way to a win here.

Bob- hopefully we'll do well enough in March to earn a smaller stadium in the Autumn. Why do you never play in northern Poland?

Polish cuisine is fine. of course it helps that I like cabbage.

Comment

no stadiums fit to host internationals in northern part of Polska.
            latest photo from stadium in Gdansk - to be finished in time to host EURO 2012 games.

Comment

Few highlights from Windsor. The Magyars are dominating possession but shooting high and wide from distance. We can barely get into their half.

Comment

Poland 1-0 up after first half. goal from a header in 4th minute or sth. Ireland's had about three clear chances squandered by Duff. not a very bad game in fact. wonder if Hieronymus of Hesselink is watching and where is he nowadays? Three quarters of Croke Park that are opened are almost full mostly with polish.

Comment

Livelier opening to the second. We've even had a chance, but the keeper blocked Sir Healy's close range header.

Comment

Magyars go ahead after a good move down the right. Deserved on their first half superiority.

Comment

2-0 at Croker. Roger Guerreiroski!

Comment

It's catching. Long range effort from Zoltan Gera, Magyars comfortable.

Comment

All over at Windsor. Not very good at all. 0-2.

Comment

it finishes 3-2 to Polska! wonder goal from Robert Lewandowski who played in 2nd div only five months ago. i'll try to post the goal when it's available on youtube
                            official atendance: 50 thousand zuschauer at Croke Park.
                            beware Duncan, we're coming soon! cheers!

Comment

Where did ye get the 50,000 Germans from? Have they re-invaded?

Fuck my auld boots, we were rubbish. Worthy has blamed the players for not training up to match fitness when they're in the stiffs. Should have blamed himself too, but maybe he's saving that for a resignation press conference tomorrow.

Sounds like a good 'un in Dublin right enough.

Comment

Poland's third goal as promised

Comment

Working...
                                X