Moa abdellaoue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moa abdellaoue

So iis he the new ole gunnar solksjaer otto?

I know that a youtube clip is useless when assessing what a player is like, but could he do some of that stuff in a bigger league?

Moa abdellaoue

If he's still around, Belhaven - our resident Vålerenga supporter - is probably better qualified to answer that.

The reason he's being compred to OGS is probably that he's broken through at the top level quite late (he's 23) when you consider how talented he is. He had been scoring for fun in the lower league but only made the step up to the top level before this season.
    He also comes across as very down to earth and thoroughly likeable. I don't think anyone has a bad word to say of him.

He has definately been the find of the season, probably the only plus point of Vålerenga's season, and even made his debut for the national team against Ireland, where he would have scored after making an arse of Richard Dunne only to be denied by a fine Shay Given save. He capped a fine debut season by scoring two excellent goals in the cup final, which I'm sure would have alerted a number of clubs. Groningen have had a bid of around 3 million pounds rejected.

From what I've seen, he's got excellent pace, a good touch and a fine left foot. He also seems to have good predatory instincts inside the box. He still seems a bit raw, but that's to be expected and more experience should do him good. He has made nowhere near the same impact as OGS did in his debut season though. But then the latter played in a much better side.

Can he make it at a higher level? Sure. But I'm not convinced it would be a good move to join ManU and end up as fifth choice or whatever. I don't know if there's anything to this rumour anyway. As far as I know there has only been talk of a trial. And it could be the club trying to drum up interest and raise the price. It seems pretty certain that he'll leave before next season anyway.

And I absolutely hate the fact that he was instantly dubbed "Moa" from the first time he appeared on TV, and has been called that by commentators ever since. As if Abdellaoue was too exotic and difficult to pronounce.

Comment

Moa abdellaoue

Highlights from last week's cup final. The Moa Show starts at 1 min 20 secs.

Comment

Moa abdellaoue

You get a lot of people at the Norwegian cup final. Is it free to get in or something?

Comment

Moa abdellaoue

jesus, he looks very good. I can see where the ogs thing comes from, one touch to kill the ball then bang. Those two goals are brilliant. He has a very clean, efficient technique.

Maybe sunderland should sign him.

Comment

Moa abdellaoue

Man United should sign him and loan him out to your second team (Sunderland) aiatl.

Comment

Moa abdellaoue

Yeah, aiatl, like OGS he is good at getting that half a yard and getting the shot in quickly, often catching the keeper off guard. He's still not as good as OGS was when he went abroad, but he should have a decent career ahead of him.

He had a trial at Rosenborg three years ago, but they didn't sign him. I bet they're kicking themselves now.

He's starting in our game against Ukraina tomorrow. Lots of scouts present. That game could prove very important for him.

Comment

Working...
              X