Gullit to Newcastle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gullit to Newcastle?

Or at least that's the manner of appointment we might be looking at if we're bought out by this odious little man, last seen being matey with Bush, touting family values and turning LA Galaxy into Happy Shopper Real Madrid.

In other exciting NUFC news, it seems a change in upper management hasnt' made us immune to seriously dodgy shenanigans with agents, as this little nugget about famed Spanish doorstop Xisco implies:

His agent, his brother Toni Jiménez, admitted that "there's interest from some English and Spanish clubs and one from Italy, but they haven't contacted Deportivo yet".
    No relation, of course, to the Toni Jiménez employed by the club to take care of identifying and signing players.

Gullit to Newcastle?

I'm disappointed that this is a nil thread.

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

Change the title to "Gullit To Spurs?"

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

or:
        So, Gullit to Newcastle?, then.
        or:
        What do we think about Gullit to Newcastle?
        or:
        Do my Gullit to Newcastle for me.

I can assure you this isn't as passive-aggressive as it seems..

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

Nil threads have a certain cache. Think of it as the Catenaccio of threads.

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

It's a fanclub site, so not necessarily 100% reliable.

Tony Jimenez was involved in Casa Holdings, whose clients included Babayaro, but the link appears to be one made through the name. Jimenez is actually English, Xisco from Majorca, which doesn't rule out them being related, but makes it more unlikely.

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

I just had this curt press release from the LA Galaxy:

STATEMENT REGARDING NEWCASTLE UNITED
              November 11, 2008
              Neither AEG nor anyone affiliated with the organization are in negotiations or are contemplating the purchase of Newcastle United Football Club.

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

From that LA times link at the top of this thread:

Galaxy owner reportedly is one of two front-runners to purchase the 116-year-old franchise
                I wasn't aware Newcastle was a franchise.
                Is it like McDonalds? I think there's a Newcastle United football team in Australia.

Google that thought......

Yes, the Newcastle United Jets. Strange name.

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

Nathan Tysons Hamstring wrote:

Galaxy owner reportedly is one of two front-runners to purchase the 116-year-old franchise
                  Is it like McDonalds? I think there's a Newcastle United football team in Australia.

Google that thought......

Yes, the Newcastle United Jets. Strange name.
                  They are known simply as the Newcastle Jets... don't know how that "United" bit crept in there...

There was a Newcastle United here in the early nineties. They lasted two seasons, befoe being replaced by another franchise....

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

Nathan Tysons Hamstring wrote:

It's just American convention to refer to a sports team as a "franchise". Partly why the outrage over referring to a club as one doesn't translate immediately.

Anyway, for Newcastle fans, I really hope this doesn't happen to you. AEG is a terrible owner. The Galaxy have gone to shit under their watch, they've ruined the LA Kings, and they'll likely rent out St. James Park for anything they could make money on.

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

Phoebe wrote:
                      Jimenez is actually English, Xisco from Majorca, which doesn't rule out them being related, but makes it more unlikely.
                      Anything can happen in this life; my brother is a Yorkshireman for crying out loud.

Inca: yeah, everything I've heard about Anschutz is quite, quite worrying. I'm not sure having Ashley (or at least pre-dummy spitting Ashley) stay wouldn't be preferable.

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

and they'll likely rent out St. James Park for anything they could make money on.

why do I have this idea in my head that geordies would just love monster truck rallies.

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

Saturday!, SATURDAY!, SATURDAY!

Live at St James' Park, St James' Park, St James' Park

TRUCKASAURUS!

followed by:

Lance Murdock!, LANCE MURDOCK!, LANCE MURDOCK!

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

And I am the Life wrote:
                            and they'll likely rent out St. James Park for anything they could make money on.

why do I have this idea in my head that geordies would just love monster truck rallies.
                            AEG rents out the Home Depot Center for ESPN's X-Games and turns it into a giant BMX dirt bike course every year. Then people see the Galaxy play and wonder why the pitch looks terrible and blames it on the team, when they have no say in the matter.

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

Sales of chloroform dip after latest earth-shattering news.

Comment

Gullit to Newcastle?

I watched ITV's N. East local news last night and was astounded by how one-sided the reporting was.

One expects 'our lads were unlucky' kind of stuff, but they showed the goals of the Wigan game, the disappointed face of little Mikey at the end etc without making any reference at all to the sending off!

Comment

Working...
                                X