Liverpool v Arsenal part deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of Arsenal's players -- might have been Aleksandr Hleb? -- said in the paper the other day that "we don't do 0-0 draws".

This is demonstrably true, which is why Liverpool will win 1-0 tonight (Torres 44').

Nah, this is too big a game for Torres tonight, even if half of it is going to be played in front of the kop.

There is only one liverpool player capable of grabbing destiny by the gonads tonight, and that player is.....

Comment

0-1 Arsenal

Comment

I don't care who wins, as long as it's a good, entertaining, clean and fair game.
        And Liverpool win.

Comment

oh Kuyt
          How you pout
          When others shout
          For a spot kick
          You ex Feyenoord dick.
          Oh well
          Give us hell
          When you score the winner tonight.
          We'll be shite
          maybe fright
          -ened at the Anfield roar
          when you score.
          What a bore.

although just a thought
          (maybe not)
          Arsene will play ball
          with the call
          for all out attack
          with the back
          line strong
          Whats wrong
          with that?

I'm not a twat to hope.
          We'll see
          I guess three
          goals to two
          for the one that Ju
          -ventus should get to manage them and I have lost the will to rhyme, sorry.

I hope its a good game. I think Arsenal are out, and forget the reverse psychology. Liverpool are due a good game.

Comment

Crouch is alongside Torres tonight.

oh dear. Not only are we done for speed, we are done for height.

Comment

1-1. Again.

Then 1-1 on penalties. Liverpool and Arsenal will have to merge before the semi-finals.

Comment

I can see it now
                ManChelski 0-0 LiveArse

The latter may be a crowd pleaser in certain parts of Amsterdam.

Comment

Penalties is the one conclusion I don't want tonight, although it does seem incredibly likely from recent results between these sides.

Liverpool are well overdue a defeat on penalties, they've won 4 on the trot in competitive matches (The 2001 League Cup final, the 2005 Champions League final, the 2006 FA Cup Final, last year's CL semi-final). If, as popular wisdom suggests, the penalty shoot-out is a coin toss, then Liverpool can't keep coming up heads each time indefinitely (OTF stattos: yes, I know, statistically, they can , but even so).

Comment

A repeat of 26th May 1989 will do nicely with Flamini in the Michael Thomas role.

Comment

I cant see 1-1. Anything but.

Comment

26th May 1989 was the worst - and in some ways best - moment in the history of English football for a number of reasons, the majority of which are the platform it gave for the whole 1990s decade of Nick Hornby-inspired "golly how I support my team" fans who jumped onto the ship. Think Tim Lovejoy and see where we've ended up.

Far too few Arsenal fans remember Hillsborough (which happened six weeks earlier) as a consequence of Michael Thomas's goal. That Liverpool team had had to finish their League campaign against the backdrop of attending numerous funerals, not to mention the sheer emotion of a Merseyside derby Cup Final six days earlier, before the moment where John Barnes gave possession away with a minute to go.

The ovation the Anfield crowd gave Arsenal that night after their stunning win is one of the things to this day that makes me proud of Liverpool FC.

Comment

I have my super-dooper surround system on, and Jim Beglin is threatening to blow my speakers with his voice.

Comment

fuck off rogin

You're not pinning tim lovejoy on one brc beating another

Comment

FCUKING hell. If we keep this up...

Comment

Great finish. Fuck me Liverpool look shite. So slow, noone tracking Diaby and Reina gifting him a shot at the near post.

I'd like to rephrase that. Powerful finish, but didn't realise it actually came off Reina. Alonso is shocking.

Comment

nah, they havent had time to look anything.

Arsenal need 2.

Comment

'fuck off' is a bit harsh. I'm a bit drunk, and tense due to another match on tonight.

Can i just say 'sorry for the nastiness, point still stands'?

Comment

Of course, if Senderos continues in his naivety (sic) then forget it.

Comment

Liverpool are just like the England national team. They can't string 3 passes without gifting possession to the opposition.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time Alonso had a good game? He always seems to be wretched when I see Liverpool.

Comment

ok BAN. I am getting pissed, but it wont kick in until after the game. Good luck in yours.

(Although I think that otf should have a ban on mentioning T*m L*v*j*y's name in full ever again)

Plotives (or something).
                                            Those fucking loud B's that BBBeglin is saying, is actually showing how good my Boom box is.

Comment

That was pretty bad from Reina, even if Diaby did get a decent bit of power into the shot. Dances With Sheep said the other day that Artur Boruc was the most over-rated goalkeeper in Britain. I'd beg to differ.

Arsenal have the wind in their sails big-time. Gerrard and Alonso need to get much more involved for Liverpool.

Comment

I'll tell you what, hats off to Liverpool for taking so many away. I mean, they're clearly not playing at home, right?

Clive Tyldesley just did a modern reworking of Motty's "They seem to find angles other teams don't appreciate." Only I believe the original was said about Liverpool at Highbury.

Comment

gerontphile, RP /b/ is a voiced labial plosive.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X