Welcome to the Conference (National)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kettering Town, promoted today as champions of Conference North. Lewes look a good bet to join them from the South.

And Weymouth look a good bet for relegation after somehow contriving to lose to an Oxford side that (bar the goalkeeper) played about as badly as I've seen them.

So that'll be three grounds I've already been to in the Conference ... it's looking less appealing each day!

Comment

There was quite a lot of trouble at the Kettering vs Telford match this afternoon. Quite a few Wolves hoolies who who had the day off made the trip over there and, apparently, caused quite a lot of damage.

Comment

Woah. Big men. Kicking off at the nasty non league fans.

Comment

This is the point at which it all becomes too confusing for me. They didn't even bother trying to get to the match, apparently. Just went into the town centre and smashed up three pubs, or something.

(Which kind of makes my post above somewhat misleading, but I am typing this with one hand over my left eye - having a little trouble with the old depth perception this evening)

Comment

That's what boredom and stupidity does to you really...

Ever been to Stalybridge Jorge?

Comment

Kettering are full-time pros which gives them a chance of staying up next season.

I've been to several games involving Kettering (usually against Droylsden) over the last few seasons and their fans are a notoriously nasty lot. There are (relatively) a lot of them and they like to make a lot of their numerical superiority in Conference North circles. The club's success will not be well received.

Comment

1890 wrote:
                Ever been to Stalybridge Jorge?
                Not yet, no ... an OTF-athon looms large next season I suspect!

Comment

They can play the big boys against Exeter or Oxford next season...

Steady Jorge, Celtic look set for the playoffs but that's about it...

Comment

I was at Stevenage Borough v Exeter City yesterday, after the Arsenal v Liverpool match. I must say I was quite surprised by the quality of football and it was in any case refreshing after was was on offer at the Emirates.
                    An enjoyable experience with my Arsenal season-ticket holder mate who's trying to go to as many Conference grounds as possible after the league grounds. Stevenage was his 11th. Not bad.

Comment

Jorge, you could have a Welsh derby. Newport might end up in the Conference via the play offs, then you'll get to meet their charming fans again. See bottom left corner.

Comment

excellent game at The Dripping Pan on saturday, with eastbourne losing again, Lewes look like champions - useful Eastleigh side though. I also witnessed something I'd never seen before: The ref booked an Eastleigh sub whilst he was warming up (for dissent I assume), a good 10-15 minutes before he came on. (there were some amusing on-field handbags going on at the time).

Comment

Working...
                        X