The Doctor Who Cup Semi-Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the first episode of the new BBC series, the Doctor and his new assistant Mark Lawrenson travel to a futuristic stadium in North London to investigate the strange case of two football teams from the 1950s meeting in a modern FA Cup Semi-Final. The Doctor suspects that an alien force is manipulating time and space to bring teams back from the past, to distract the populace so that they can invade London and enslave the world. Mark, meanwhile, insists simply that the bigger clubs no longer care about the Cup while they're still in Europe.

A 2-parter, in tomorrow's second episode the Doctor's suspicions deepen when two teams from the Edwardian era arrive to contest the second Semi.

Sneering about smaller clubs? From a Liverpool supporter?

Well, who would have thought it.

Comment

Where's the "sneering"? unless you meant my reference to Lawrenson (who's a Preston fan, btw).

Comment

Good luck to all the fans whose teams are involved in what has been the most enjoyable Cup for years. Since the 'appy 'ammers won it, in fact. I was there, you know...

Special best wishes to Rick (latterly known as Derris), Harry and all the Cardiff boys. Why? Because the lad Derris is a mate, and because I REALLY want Cardiff to win this thing.

Comment

I'm thinking of ian64 as I sit here typing this. I hope he's at Wembley, and I hope West Brom win. I went to college in Southampton, so it kind of became drummed into one to hate Pompey.

Comment

I thought Rogin's post was very funny, I have copied it (unattributed, of course) to a Cardiff forum to test out their sense of humour today.

Comment

Just got in from today's shocker.
              May I wish Cardiff good luck for tomorrow.
              I hope you win.

Comment

Yeah very funny. The Campaign For Real Football (formed by a friend of mine after a pulsating FA Cup tie involving Hereford a few years ago) got a bit of a dent from that game yesterday.

I want Barnsley to win, because they have 2 Cheltenham players I liked, Devaney and Odajaye.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X