Are you right there, Wayne Hennessey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you right there, Wayne Hennessey?

"I can explain everything!" says Wayne, as a photo posted by his Gernan teammate Max Meyer appears to show him making a Nazi salute.

Hennessey said he "waved and shouted at the person taking the picture to get on with it" and "put my hand over my mouth to make the sound carry".
    He also added that the toothbrush mustache he appeared to have was down a perfectly square piece of dirt on the window and that the Chinese were "A great bunch of lads."
    Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 07-01-2019, 13:05.

He can point to previous with regard to his explanation ;

https://twitter.com/FulwellSport/status/1082235878293073920

Comment

Noticeably reported as "Wales International Wayne Hennessey" in connection with this story.

Comment

Well you need context. If you just say 'Wayne Hennessey' no one would have heard of him.

Comment

I thought it was the pie-eating goalkeeper again.

Comment

I assumed that this was about the bloke from Read Or Dead...

Comment

If it was something heroic, he would have been 'Premier League goalkeeper, Wayne Hennessey' or 'Crystal Palace goalkeeper, Wayne Hennessey'

Comment

Since when did the Welsh ever do anything heroic though?

Just kidding. Thought I'd feed into your paranoia a bit more.

Comment

Not heroic but I'm struggling to see the negative angle here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44248681

Comment

Top Stories on Google.

Wayne Hennessey: Crystal Palace keeper denies making Nazi salute - BBC
                    Crystal Palace goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey denies making Nazi salute - Sky
                    Wayne Hennessey: Crystal Palace goalkeeper pictured apparently doing Nazi salute - The Independent
                    Wayne Hennessey "Nazi salute" latest. Crystal Palace will speak to keeper over team photo - Evening Standard
                    Crystal Palace's Wayne Hennessey denies making Nazi salute in photo - Daily Star
                    Wales goalkeeper denies making 'Nazi salute' - WalesOnline.

Fucking Welsh.

Comment

Meanwhile, in Spain...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46780520

Comment

Wales midfielder Andres Iniesta in blackface shocker.

Comment

haha

Comment

Leaving aside the intention, look at the eyes of everyone in that initial photo. Obviously means that Palace are pure evil.

Comment

It looks like a still from The X Files.

Comment

Even worse for his reputation, it makes it look like Hennessey is wearing this guy's glasses ;

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 07-01-2019, 15:42.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                  Top Stories on Google.

Wayne Hennessey: Crystal Palace keeper denies making Nazi salute - BBC
                                  Crystal Palace goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey denies making Nazi salute - Sky
                                  Wayne Hennessey: Crystal Palace goalkeeper pictured apparently doing Nazi salute - The Independent
                                  Wayne Hennessey "Nazi salute" latest. Crystal Palace will speak to keeper over team photo - Evening Standard
                                  Crystal Palace's Wayne Hennessey denies making Nazi salute in photo - Daily Star
                                  Wales goalkeeper denies making 'Nazi salute' - WalesOnline.

Fucking Welsh.
                                  Oh well, if you're going to start using FACTS and stuff to inform cogent arguments then there's no point discussing this any further.

Comment

Only time I've used facts on OTF and I've been using it since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                      If it was something heroic, he would have been 'Premier League goalkeeper, Wayne Hennessey' or 'Crystal Palace goalkeeper, Wayne Hennessey'
                                      I remember two classic bits of F1 commentary from Murray Walker's days. "Britain's Eddie Irvine is cruising to victory" and, in the next lap, "oh no! The Northern Irishman has spun off!".

Comment

Well, that's fucking stupid, Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                          Leaving aside the intention, look at the eyes of everyone in that initial photo. Obviously means that Palace are pure evil.
                                          This Brighton fan can confirm that to be true.

Comment

Very thorough, I'll say that....

Check out @FootballCliches’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/FootballCliches/status/1118115205404344321?s=09

Comment

Apparently Wayne doesn't know what a Nazi salute even is. I have absolutely no reason to doubt that as being the case.

Comment

When an FA Commission describes your ignorance as "lamentable"...

I liked the phrase "Without trying to be patronising"

Comment

Obviously 32 is ridiculously old to be that ignorant, but there's an upside: everyone knew what the Nazi salute was in the 70s and 80s because the NF and assorted racists were doing it openly on the streets and terraces. You didn't need to watch documentaries on the Third Reich.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X