Biggest stadium never to host an international match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seand View Post
    If we're sticking to football stadiums used by football clubs but never used to host a full international perhaps The Valley is up there... caopacity was 70,000 odd back in t'day
    And strictly speaking, Odsal Stadium in Bradford - once held 102,000 (officially, and believed to be more) for a Challenge Cup final replay, and was used by Bradford City after the Valley Parade fire.

Comment

Not the Valley. Though I really don't remember that tournament at all.

Comment

I presume Strahov in Prague hosted an international at some stage?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          Are the Olympics not “internationals” for the purposes of this question?
          The Olympic Stadium didn't host any football matches during London 2012. Wembley was the only London football venue (the other stadia used were Old Trafford, the Millennium Stadium, St. James' Park, Hampden Park and the Ricoh Arena).

Surely it's hosted a Brazil friendly or something along those lines by now, though?

Comment

No, West Ham’s games are the only football the stadium has hosted so far (Brazil play their London friendlies at Arsenal’s ground).

I took Ursus’s mention of the Olympics as him saying the athletics counted as “internationals”.

Comment

Nothing so esoteric. I simply misremembered the venue for the Women’s Final.

Comment

Working...
              X