Back flips (or forward ones) after scoring a goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back flips (or forward ones) after scoring a goal

How many players (let's talk reasonably professional here) have done this? It came up in a conversation the other day and we started to make a list, which started:

Nani
    Jamie Vardy

Obviously there were more but I don't want to spoil whatever dubious fun people may get from listing their own favourites. Oh, and simple head over heels stuff like those done by Hugo Sánchez don't count. Up and over (and maybe up and over again) without touching the ground.
    Last edited by Sporting; 02-01-2019, 16:56.

Well, from my club, Victor Moses and Celestine Babayaro were noticable practictioners, but Julius Aghahowa was the gold standard for post-goal acrobatics, wasn't he?

Comment

Obafemi Martins

Comment

Aubameyang

Comment

Rob Earnshaw
          Peter Beagrie

Comment

...... Robbie keane?.........

Comment

Both Lua Lua brothers

Comment

Will Vaulks

Comment

Former England schools gymnast - Steve Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                    Former England schools gymnast - Steve Cooper.
                    As in the last goal in this clip:

Comment

Steve Morrow (inadvertently)

Comment

Tino Asprilla

Comment

Keane and Asprilla were the desultory handstands that are excluded from this thread in the OP.

By the time he was at Scunny Beagrie was also just doing this, but he originally did a full flip earlier in his career, and he was pushing 40 by then so he gets in, especially as he must be the least prolific scorer to have such an elaborate celebration.

Comment

Didn't Peter Ndlovu do this?

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                              Both Lua Lua brothers
                              Lomana of course injuring himself at least once (possibly twice?) in the process.

Comment

You know when a heckle from the crowd is timed just perfectly; in a small soundless gap in an otherwise raucous atmosphere. During a Rovers v Scunthorpe FA Cup tie at Belle Vue in 2001 Peter Beagrie stood in front of the Pop Side just as the noise abated just long enough for a shout from the terrace of "Go on then, do a fucking somersault!"

Comment

Miroslav Klose

Comment

Julius Agahowa was a proponent of multiple flips and showed them off when scoring for Nigeria v Sweden at World Cup 2002.
                                    Sadly he failed to find the net in 18 months at Wigan.

Comment

I'm sure I remember a Mexican player doing improbable acrobatics after scoring in a goal on a blurry video shown on Saint and Greavsie in the late-80s/early-90s. Buggered if I can remember who he was though.

Comment

It wouldn't have been Hugo Sánchez, would it, who I excluded in the first post of the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                          It wouldn't have been Hugo Sánchez, would it, who I excluded in the first post of the thread?
                                          He was my first thought. I looked for 'Hugo Sanchez celebration' on YouTube but I didn't find anything anywhere near as impressive as I remembered.

Comment

Noel Hunt (Ireland international- Reading, Dunfermline, Dundee Utd etc) famously celebrated a goal for Shamrock Rovers near the start of his career by climbing onto a fence and somesaulting back onto the pitch. I'm almost certain there was a clip at one stage, but I can't find it now.

Comment

Eddie Bishop at Chester.

Comment

I think you've posted that before. Always makes me smile.

Comment

I have a vague memory of Brazil having a player do it in 2002 - Ronaldinho?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X