Rapist Robinho and Other Winter Moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found the financial figures for Ajax.

Ajax have 160 million euros in the bank, just sitting around. They make a profit from football operations, even without taking transfers into account.

Add on the 75 million for Frenkie de Jong, and the fact that they have gone far in the Champions League this year, and they could be looking at 250-275 million in the bank at the end of this season.

Given the huge number of chances they are creating but not converting in European matches, they should just go out and buy a world class striker before the winter break ends, and have a serious go at the Champions League.

Comment

If you're going to be a goal every three games striker, it's probably best not to score seven goals before the end of september, in your first five starts and two substitute appearances. and then score 8 goals in your next 25 starts and 15 substitute appearances. Don't spend six weeks scoring like messi, if you're going to spend the rest of the season scoring like Heskey.
      Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 24-01-2019, 12:19.

Comment

Mark O' Hara has joined Lincoln on loan till the end of the season from Posh. Bit of an odd one. We'd been in negotiations I think for most of the month, and not convinced the player really wanted to drop down a division and sign for us. Nobody else has come in for him seemingly, so we've finally nabbed him. I don't know what the story is between him and Posh, but he's played over 20 games this season but clearly Fatty Evans has had enough. We've now got him, Freck, Bostwick, O' Conner, Pett, and Ellis Chapman vying for two central midfield berths. Suspect Pett will be used more as cover for Andrade when he returns from suspension or as a no. 10 option. Bozzy has been centre back all season, but played in midfield on Tuesday with the arrival of Bolger, and Ellis Chapman will likely remain on the bench as a bit part player, as he's only turned 18. Another seemingly good quality signing, but still perhaps need cover if Akinde gets injured, unless we push Rowe or McCartan up as our out and out striker.

Edit; According to the Echo he was considering other offers from League 1 and Scotland, was invited to watch the Lincolnshire Derby and was then convinced to sign, with possibility of move being made permanent in summer. Lovely stuff.
        Last edited by RobW; 24-01-2019, 17:40.

Comment

Rejoice! Rejoice! Alvaro Morata has joined Atletico Madrid on a year-and-a-half loan.

Comment

The whole way kids are trained at clubs needs fixed. Rabbi Motondo leaves Cardiff in 2016 for Manchester City under the Elite Player Performance Plan. Eventually it is settled for 500k. Never plays outside of the youth setup at Manchester City. Looking at a 11 million bid in 2019.

And that is scalping talent off a relatively high-up-the-ladder club.

Comment

Any Rotherham fans? There's a report* that Celtic have bid 3.5million (and been accepted) for Semi Ajayi (central defender).

*Twitter rumour

Comment

He scored an absolute cracker on Satuday against Leeds...

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                  The whole way kids are trained at clubs needs fixed. Rabbi Motondo leaves Cardiff in 2016 for Manchester City under the Elite Player Performance Plan. Eventually it is settled for 500k. Never plays outside of the youth setup at Manchester City. Looking at a 11 million bid in 2019.

And that is scalping talent off a relatively high-up-the-ladder club.
                  Manchester City stole Ian Carlo Poveda from Brentford’s academy for a minuscule fee. He had been at Brentford since the age of 12. He made his debut for City in the second leg of the League Cup semi-final against Burton. I’m dreading seeing how much he’s eventually sold for.

His departure, along with that of Josh Bohui to Man United, was one of the reasons Brentford decided to close down their academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                    He scored an absolute cracker on Satuday against Leeds...
                    The week before he missed from a couple of yards out against Brentford but I was impressed with his overall performance.

Comment

Happy Deadline Day everyone...

Comment

He doesn't appeared to have played much but any Ipswich or Irish posters know anything about Shane McLoughlin who has just signed for Wimbledon?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                          Happy Deadline Day everyone...

I think this possibly crosses the line into sexual assault

Comment

Talk about kicking a club when they are down.

Cardiff's annual charity donation to Reading (Le Fondre, Morrison) this year takes the form of not only taking on Bacuna's eye watering wages, they have paid Reading £3 million to do so.

The only notable thing he did was his chronically bad parking, usually in the director's spaces, though his best effort was parking at a diagonal in four different spaces.

Comment

Peter Crouch to Burnley is my WTF transfer of the month

Comment

Lincoln have re-signed striker Lee Angol on loan from Shrewsbury. He scored about 1 in 2 games for us as we won the National League before deciding to get more money at Mansfield rather than sign permanently with us in League 2. His return has caused a few twats online to call him a 'snake'. He did ok for Mansfield last year, but was surprised that the Shrews went for him - I think League 2 is probably his level atm. He'll play second fiddle to John Akinde and won't likely start many games, and is a straight replacement for Matt Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  Ahem... Kevin Prince Boateng wants a word.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                    Lincoln have re-signed striker Lee Angol on loan from Shrewsbury. He scored about 1 in 2 games for us as we won the National League before deciding to get more money at Mansfield rather than sign permanently with us in League 2. His return has caused a few twats online to call him a 'snake'. He did ok for Mansfield last year, but was surprised that the Shrews went for him - I think League 2 is probably his level atm. He'll play second fiddle to John Akinde and won't likely start many games, and is a straight replacement for Matt Green.
                                    I think the general consensus among Salop fans is that he was shit. So bad we welcomed Bristol Rovers flop Stefan Payne back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      He doesn't appeared to have played much but any Ipswich or Irish posters know anything about Shane McLoughlin who has just signed for Wimbledon?
                                      He was highly thought of by respected academy coaches at the club and made a very good impression on his league debut against Middlesbrough last season. Given how terrible everyone else has been, many think he should have been given another opportunity this season and are disappointed to see him go. Think he can play up front or midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                        The reporting of this has been really really weird.

The deal is actually Sam Vokes to Stoke for £7m + Peter Crouch. Originally the two clubs were talking about Vokes going for £9m. Clearly somewhere along the line someone thought it was a good idea to swap someone who was unhappy at - and deserving of more than - getting 10 minutes a game for someone who will be happy to do that until the end of the season. It makes sense to have a bit of backup.

(It also reduces the amount we have to pay Wolves' as the sell on fee.)

Yet somehow the whole thing is reported as "Burnley bought Peter Crouch" which is very far from the case. He's basically an afterthought in a deal that has been worked on for the best part of a month.

Comment

I like Peter Crouch. Apropos of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                            Yet somehow the whole thing is reported as "Burnley bought Peter Crouch"
                                            Because you're the bigger club

Comment

I'm having a hard time getting used to that.

Comment

Crouch returning to the Premier League when he seemed to be busier with podcasts than with football is just the more interesting aspect of the deal, I think.

Comment

Peter Crouch is nearly as old as me. It's just as well he had no pace to lose.

Comment

We've sent nine of our kids (and Alex Baptiste) out on loan. The hope is they'll be grown up by next season (except Alex, he's already biggish) when the parachute payments end and we can't afford any loans ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X