11 man game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 man game.

Bath City didn't make any substitutions yesterday - mainly as we only had two semi-retired geriatrics, two from the youth team and the team mascot on the bench. I think it may be the only time I have seen a team not make a substitution at all. Is it more commonplace than I think though nowadays?

Try watching Burnley. Dyche usually does at least two games a season without making a change. It's maddening.

Comment

Mourinho did it earlier this season.

Comment

Most subs are used to run down time, or to have a break in play in one team is under pressure. At least that's what it seems like.

At least that's what it seems like in the lower leagues.

Comment

Which of your respective teams' players (I suppose we can discount goalies) are never, or rarely subbed? Or those players who almost never see out the complete 90 minutes? [Those are who regularly substituted must feel something along the lines of "Why me again?" and/or "I suppose it's a positional change and not just down to the fact that I'm not really very good".]

Comment

Dyche will always swap one of the wingers and one of the attackers. Usually Wood for Vokes or Barnes, or vice versa. When fit, Defour for Westwood (or replace either with Hendrick). One of our wingers will never make the full 90. Lennon for Gudmundsson or vice versa. These will happen around the 73rd minute irrespective of the scoreline.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
              Most subs are used to run down time, or to have a break in play in one team is under pressure. At least that's what it seems like.

At least that's what it seems like in the lower leagues.
              At what point did this change in the top leagues? It can't be much earlier than 2000 anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X