Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Sheffield Wednesday player leaning against the post for the Bruce goal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the Sheffield Wednesday player leaning against the post for the Bruce goal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm9CzcbHzlY

I've asked this question elsewhere but never got an answer. It's about Steve Bruce's first goal in the Man Utd - Sheffield Wed game in 93. What on earth was the player in question thinking of or about? Leaning on his goalpost as if waiting for a bus or something...or temporarily distracted by who knows what?
    Last edited by Sporting; 22-12-2018, 18:51.

That is odd. Not noticed that before.

Nigel Worthington, isn't it?

Comment

Yep, Baddiel and Skinner made a joke "I wonder if Nigel Worthington's bus ever turned up " about it

Comment

Is it Worthington?

Comment

That’s funny.

Comment

Worthington often played at left back. He's wearing 3 just before squad numbers were introduced. Adds up.

Comment

It is definitely him.

Comment

Yeah, definitely Worthington.

It's weird how this game has been subject to revisionism over the years. I've seen it even described as something that contributed to our decline. It didn't, we didn't give a flying fuck really. It was the weekend between the FA Cup semi and the league Cup final, and two days later our reserves whacked Southampton 5-2. Ah, the good old days.

Comment

Working...
                X