No announcement yet.

Where do managers live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlton Palmer lived in Sheffield when he took the County job. He was serving a driving ban. It's strongly suspected the criteria for his first signing were 'must have own car and live in Sheffield' because a few days later we bought Aaron Lescott from Wednesday as midfielder-cum-chauffer and it was hard to see what he actually brought to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
      I think Arsene Wenger lived (lives?) in Totteridge (the greenish bit between Barnet and Finchley). I tried to buy a house near there. Failed. Didn't see Arsene either.
      Along with quite a few of the Arsenal players, I believe. My sister, who also lives in that area, saw him in the local Waitrose once or twice.

Comment

When Pardew was manager at Reading, he lived in Heather Gardens in Newbury.

When Branfoot was manager, he lived in Tadley, which is basically a council estate for the adjacent nuclear weapons factory. To give an idea of how shit the place is, it had a banger racing track in the town, which calls itself after the far off village of Aldermaston. When you are disowned by banger racing promoters, you know you are in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
          Along with quite a few of the Arsenal players, I believe. My sister, who also lives in that area, saw him in the local Waitrose once or twice.
          Millionaire's row in Arkley I believe. All poor tippers at Christmas when my sister had that area when she worked for Parcelforce.

Comment

Working...
          X