Fuck Off Mourinho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    I am genuinely surprised that the fan base hasn’t turned on Woodward en masse. It is easy to see why the Glazers are happy with him, but the supporters are supposed to care about football.
    Too busy eating prawn sandwiches

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
      or they sell him back down the pyramid at which point it's a question of has inflation risen enough over the course of his contract to allow say everton to pay Spurs what spurs paid for him.
      sounds like the boom is getting boomier

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
        Too busy eating prawn sandwiches

Comment

Always great to see Brexit cunt Lee Hurst's face to remind me that the bin needs emptying.

Comment

Brexit cunt?

I thought he was a Kipper?

Comment

Originally posted by Del Usory View Post
              Brexit cunt?

I thought he was a Kipper?
              Aren't those things the same? Or rather all Kippers are Brexit cunts, even if not all Brexit cunts are Kippers

Comment

Just think of the bants if Hurst and Lineker were on the same show now.

Comment

yeah, but the tier 1 prices are set by those clauses, and I suspect that they are all a hell of a lot higher than they were five years ago.

EIM I think you are expecting far to much of a wide player in a jose mourinho team. You're not taking into account the instructions he's given and the role he's meant to fulfil. Particularly given that the manager wants him out. Sure he doesn't take on the full back every time he gets the ball, but no winger anywhere does that any more because the way you get the space to beat the full back (by yourself) is if he doesn't know whether to come and block you off, or stay and keep his shape. But also he's looking across and seeing if there's going to be anyone in the box for him to cross to. He's basically just giving away possession if he beats the defender and there's just lukaku in the middle surrounded by two centre halves and a defensive midfielder.

The problem that a player has in these position is that he doesn't get much of the ball, and most of the time he is either receiving it down the line from the full back and has to go short, while getting closed down from behind, or he is receiving it across the pitch from the midfield when the defence is set. A man utd winger very rarely receives a pass into space behind the defender, or gets it on the run. It's one of the downsides of having no organized approach when you have the ball, and the knowledge that if you're on mourinho shit list, you know that if you lose the ball high up the pitch and they score from the counter attack, you and not the eight players behind you will be blamed. You could see the effect of this spread across an entire team this season, where you had a whole load of games where man utd were almost completely inert until the opposition scored, at which point the fear of losing overcomes the fear of being blamed for making a mistake that would lead you to falling behind.

It's just the inevitable consequence of having a manager who frequently said "The team that has the ball has the fear." That lunacy winds up applying to your team too.

Comment

Just as there are tiers of clubs, there are tiers of players, and the vast majority of the players in La Liga attract little inteerest from foreign clubs and have not seen major inflation in their clauses. There are also players (and agents) who prioritise a lower clause price to higher wages.

Comment

Working...
                    X