Going Up The Butthole - Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Up The Butthole - Weekend Matchgoing

On Saturday I'm planning to go to Butthole Lane to watch Shepshed Dynamo play NKF Burbage in the Fa Vase. Then on Sunday I'll be going to watch Southport play at Tranmere in the FA Cup.

A double-header for me.

Basford United v Scarborough Athletic on Saturday followed by West Brom v Brentford on Monday night.

I can already picture Messrs Gayle, Rodriguez and Barnes rubbing their hands in anticipation. You too can watch the carnage on TV.

Comment

Blackburn Rovers v Sheffield Wednesday thanks to Ewood Park having an enormous away end. First time I've seen us for real since March. Looking forward to seeing the four thousand holes, expect most of them will be in our defence.

Comment

Cardiff v Wolves on Friday night, on a mate's season ticket.

Possibly Barry v Newtown on Saturday night depending how the Chrimbo decorating is going. But it's also live on Sgorio so I might just watch it in the telly and enjoy the Welsh commentary.

Comment

The FA Cup has kindly handed me a second opportunity in a month to see TheLikesOfDoncaster on my doorstep (well four train stops away), so even though I'm moving house this weekend I should still squeeze in Rovers' latest defeat at The Valley

Comment

Hopefully, Halifax Town v Wimbledon in the second round of the FA Cup at Saturday lunchtime.

The draw looked convenient as I am in Manchester on Friday night for a work thing but it appears a strike on Northern Trains means I may not be able to get there the next morning. I already knew I couldn’t get home by train and am prepared for my first ever experience on a Wimbledon supporters coach.

If I really strike out I’ll probably do a game in Manchester on Saturday afternoon, possibly Man City v Bournemouth if I can scare up a ticket or maybe a non-lesgue game (any suggestions?).

Whatever ground I do make will be my 250th so it feels signicant.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 29-11-2018, 23:28.

Comment

As Man City are advertising for fans regularly on TalkSport, getting a ticket should be easy, Ray.

Comment

If I was Ray I'd get a Transpennine Express to Huddersfield (30 mins), then trot across to the bus station and get a 503 to Halifax (every 10 minutes), which goes right past The Shay, and also takes about 30 minutes.

Comment

I'm off to Guiseley v Fleetwood on Monday and I might take in Steeton v Lower Breck on Saturday.

Comment

Unterhaching vs Kaiserslautern this evening (how the mighty have fallen)

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                      If I was Ray I'd get a Transpennine Express to Huddersfield (30 mins), then trot across to the bus station and get a 503 to Halifax (every 10 minutes), which goes right past The Shay, and also takes about 30 minutes.
                      Thanks, I thought there might be an alternate route and I may give that a go.

Comment

Shrewsbury v Scunthorpe in the cup on Sunday.

It's for the tick so guarantees a Shrewsbury win on the basis that they'll be drawn at home to Middlesbrough in the third round.

Comment

Should be Wealdstone v Eastbourne Borough, but is more likely to be Wembley v Harpenden Town as we're dancing in the evening.

Comment

PHC Zebras vs Paget Lions on Sunday

Comment

Barnet v Stockport County

Getting on for a decade since we played in London as I mentioned on the FA Cup thread. Really excited about this, and going to make a big day of it. 10am start for breakfast at 'spoons in Stratford, Jubilee line pub crawl (not all 28 stops, just a select few). Should be lively with two other big games happening in the capital on Sunday.

Dangerously I keep having daydreams where we win, so much so that a loss would now feel much more crushing than it really should. The reality that we're mid-table part-timers with one of our best players suspended probably won't kick in until we concede our 3rd.

We might outnumber them too, with 1,325 away seats already showing as sold on Barnet's website, and their average this season is 1,206.

Comment

It's pissing down. Hope it stops raining by the time I walk round to the ground.

@Capybara: enjoy Montgomery Waters Meadow!

Comment

Cardiff City 2 v 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Not a great game. Neither side seemed to be able to stay in formation. Wolves led at the break after a scrappy goal. Cardiff equalised with another scrappy goal before Junior Hoilett scored what proved to be the winner with the only moment of real quality in the whole game. All 3 goals were at the end I was standing so I had a decent view of them going in.

Got wet on the way there and it poured down during the match but it was dry when I walked home.

Comment

Geez, Stumpy

If you thought Lautern were down before they played you, how do you think they feel after losing 5-0?

Comment

Do I have to go to a match this weekend before I can comment on the thread title?

Aw Man! No fair.

Comment

Zilina vs Dunajska Streda in the Slovak Fortuna Liga

They'll be selling hot wine and punch, which will be welcome, as it's bloody freezing here.

The game is 3rd vs 2nd and will go some way to deciding which, if either, of these teams stays close to Slovan Bratislava going into the winter break. Zilina are on a long unbeaten run after losing three of the first seven games of the season. Dunajska often seem to falter when you least expect it. Last week, they were at home to a Trencin team that had lost seven in a row and were down to ten men after 18 minutes. It finished 0-0. A similar result today would make Slovan very happy, and that's the last thing we need.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                          Cardiff City 2 v 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Not a great game. Neither side seemed to be able to stay in formation. Wolves led at the break after a scrappy goal. Cardiff equalised with another scrappy goal before Junior Hoilett scored what proved to be the winner with the only moment of real quality in the whole game. All 3 goals were at the end I was standing so I had a decent view of them going in.

Got wet on the way there and it poured down during the match but it was dry when I walked home.
                                          Didn't seem to be that packed behind the goals judging from the highlights I saw. Are Cardiff fans fickle?

Comment

It was moved to a Friday night, it was live on TV, and it was seriously pissing down on and off all day. Those all count against a full house. (And it was Wolves rather than a bigger name)

The first few rows would have got very wet so people were clearly moving back into the less popular parts of the stand which would have made immediately behind the goal look less full. Up the back of the stand was packed.

Comment

Cheers...I half guessed/knew the bit about people at the front getting wet (see the thread which mentions stands not fully protecting the fans) but at the same time there's something very fulfiling about seeing packed ends behind each goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                @Capybara: enjoy Montgomery Waters Meadow!
                                                Cheers Patrick!

Comment

The black dog of depression has taken a well earned nap allowing me to go to a game this weekend. Nothing special, just Godmanchester v Holbeach in the Vase, but it gets me out of the house and into the sunshine (well overcast and rain).

Tonight it's Samp v Bologna so here's hoping for two stress-free home wins.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X