Grountastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grountastic

Been slipping slowly into a kind of moderate ground-hopping but it's probably time to admit it's all beyond rehab now, it's got me. Realisation was when we booked 5 nights in Iceland in March and I was guttted to find out the season didn't start till April/May and then elated to find that their League Cup should kick off before we head over.

Now that I've undertaken my group therapy by confessing to you guys I need to feed the habit. Groundtastic magazine any good? I figure that's a more acceptable route than actually indulging in the shameful practice of organised ground-hops.

I've been a subscriber for 17 years. I almost cancelled the subscription last year, but couldn't go through with it. It sounds like it will be the perfect read for you.

Comment

Rob's Icelandic dilemma resonates with me. I'm also in the informal ground-hopper category. I'm not going out of my way to 'collect' grounds but I do like to squeeze in a match wherever possible, so I'm up to something like 100 grounds in 15 countries. I spent a fortnight in France and 4 days in Israel this year without catching a match on either trip.

Comment

I may regret this but it fells like these this thread should meet this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
          I may regret this but it fells like these this thread should meet this one.
          That looks a bit dangerous at this point in time. Finding that Football Weekends magazine doesn't do enough for me these days but that looks like BB&F Church Leagues in Morpeth like territory.

Comment

I used to buy every copy when Sportspages was open and intended taking out a subscription after they closed but never got round to it, something I'm grateful for now I realise I have too much stuff which I'm trying, somehow, to sort out and do something with.

Comment

Working...
            X