• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobi1

This is the camera icon to use when you select a match you've been to

Screenshot_20230207_105001.jpg

Comment

I think you're just showing off about that magnificent victory there...

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
        I think you're just showing off about that magnificent victory there...
        Multi-tasking

Comment

longeared mentioned in the matchgoing thread that he'd just got his second Hristo Stoichkov badge.

February 8th is a productive football day for me because I've now got three Stoichkovs from 2020, 2022 and 2023. I think I can be forgiven for missing out on 2021.

I was surprised that this daft but strangely engaging feature has been going for more than three years.

Comment

I've got those three years as well. I do like the absurdity of Stoichkov being celebrated by visits to Atherstone, Skelmersdale, and Litherland.

Comment

How many of us got one of these today?

Comment

I did. That was my second Baggio, picking this one up at Marine was a bit less exotic than my first at Atletico Madrid.

Comment

Yep, and uploaded my first photo on there to mark the occasion!

Comment

Me too, my first. My only 'on this day' today was a 2-0 victory for Man City at St Andrews in 1989.

Comment

I had a very eclectic selection today, the earliest being Wales v Soviet Union at the Vetch field in 1987.

Comment

Mine for today was my first game outside England: SV Meppen v. Hannover in the German 2nd division in 1995 while on a school exchange trip (taken along by my host family – our teachers weren't that interesting).

Comment

A reminder today of Shrewsbury 2-3 Oxford on 7 March 2020. Then football got cancelled and it was 16 months before I went to my next live game.

Comment

My last game before lockdown was a 0-0 bore draw between Cheltenham and Port Vale. I got to witness it again a few weeks ago.

Comment

Yes, mine was Brentford 5 Sheffield Wednesday 0.

I walked out of Griffin Park with a real spring in my step, completely unaware that this would be my 485th and final game there.

Comment

A blank for me today which given I've still got plenty of dates to fill is always a pleasant surprise when I know I've got a game to go to in the evening.

Comment

I've got one of those coincidental on-this-days today – only got two games logged but both featuring Bournemouth, losing 1-0 at York in 1995 and winning 2-1 at Cardiff in 2000. There's a fair chance those are the only two times I've seen the Cherries as well.

Comment

My trip to Edgeley Park on Saturday apparently marked my 300th football ground. I'll have been at more. There's a bunch of Central Midlands League clubs I trekked round as a kid watching my dad's team that I couldn't possibly put a date to, plus a few grounds I've played at, but not watched at, but yeah, 300 is the number of grounds I've been able to recall visiting.

I've never really considered myself a groundhopper, but for someone who doesn't really go to much out of their way to tick off a new ground this feels like a hell of a lot. Objectively it also feels like a colossal waste of time and money, but that's probably because I'm largely skint these days.

Comment

One of those peculiar 'On this day' coincidences has just cropped up.

Exactly 3 years ago, I was at Notts County v Eastleigh. It was the final game before lockdown.

Tonight I shall be going to.......Notts County v Eastleigh.

Comment

I'm guessing I'm not the only OTFer to have the first football match in the Millennium Stadium as an 'on this day' today?

Comment

Looks like our paths could have crossed Jobi1

Comment

My abiding memory is of when Ryan Giggs appeared on the big screen during the national anthem, and there was a cacophony of excited screams from the lower tier (family section) and resounding booing from the rest of the stadium (I believe it was his first ever friendly for Wales, having made his debut nine years earlier). Also how brilliant Jari Litmanen was.

Comment

One for Giggler here. I have zero memory of this game

Screenshot_20230329_183333.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                One for Giggler here. I have zero memory of this game

Screenshot_20230329_183333.jpg
                                                Nicky Adams scored with a cross-cum-shot. Ordinarily I’d have been there but my dad had recently been in hospital so we didn’t go.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post

Nicky Adams scored with a cross-cum-shot. Ordinarily I’d have been there but my dad had recently been in hospital so we didn’t go.
                                                  There might have been a programme in the bundle I sent to you

Comment

I think there may have been, but I only seem to have the ones with action photos/profiles of Brian.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X