X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Matches - 65
      Goals - 206
      Countries - 2 (drove to Hampden for 1 game outside of England)
      Most Goals - Adderbury Park 5-4 Hook Norton.
      Most Seen Team - Seen a few teams twice.
      Grounds - 60
      New Grounds - 56
      Most Visited Ground - Hampton Sports Ground 3

Comment

The one game outside of England.

Comment

My figures are zero for everything this past season. First time since I started listing matches I've been to (which was in 1992).

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin the happy pig View Post

Most Visited Ground - Hampton Sports Ground 3
            I thought I'd missed a ground near me somehow but presume it's not the Hampton on the Thames. Where actually is it and who plays there?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
              My figures are zero for everything this past season. First time since I started listing matches I've been to (which was in 1992).
              Crowds have just started being allowed in to fixtures in Wales, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Crowds have just started being allowed in to fixtures in Wales, no?
                Yes, after a decision last week. Up to 100, or more if clubs put certain measures in place. Some of the leagues are starting in July. Welsh Cup preliminaries on 10 July.

Comment

Lowest tally since 2001/2002.

Comment

Matches - 33
                    Goals - 114
                    Countries - 1 (the most disappointing stat of all)
                    Most goals - Selston 0 Long Eaton United 12 (even Southport Zeb can't beat that)
                    Most seen team - Radford 4 (the first season this hasn't been Brentford, though both the Brentford games I did see were among the most memorable ever)
                    Grounds - 23 (an unusually high grounds:matches ratio for me)
                    New grounds - 12 (likewise)
                    Most visited ground - The Homelands 6 (Had to check this one but it's true. Split between watching Ashford United and Kennington while visiting my Mum)

Roll on 2021-22.

Comment

Yes, after a decision last week. Up to 100, or more if clubs put certain measures in place. Some of the leagues are starting in July. Welsh Cup preliminaries on 10 July.
                      Fill your boots and get 2021/22 off to a flyer then, surely?

Comment

Matches - 1
                        Goals - 3
                        Countries - 1
                        Most goals - Maltby Main 2-1 Handsworth
                        Most seen team - Maltby Main / Handsworth (1)
                        Grounds - 1
                        New grounds - 0
                        Most visited ground - Muglet Lane (Maltby) 1

Comment

I'd have loved to see that season on the app, there's an almost Zen-like quality to it.

Comment

Matches - 0
                            Goals - 0
                            Countr... you get the idea

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I thought I'd missed a ground near me somehow but presume it's not the Hampton on the Thames. Where actually is it and who plays there?
                              It's just outside Solihull. Hampton FC, they play in Midland 2.

Comment

Comment

I saw your check in Merlin the happy pig

Comment

I like this feature

Comment

I like it as well.

I've had quite a few blank days recently but this one popped up today. Copa America 1995.

Comment

My reminder today was that 25 years ago I went to a European qualifying game at Newtown. I went with my dad and have really good memories of it.

Comment

I too am loving these reminders. I promise I won't bore you with them every day but this one today sent me down a YouTube rabbit hole and brought back so many incidents that I had forgotten or only vaguely remembered.

I can only think that when they scheduled a quarter final of the 1995 Copa America to be played in the small northern town of Rivera, they didn't expect it to be between Argentina and Brazil. We had to rent a dodgy hire car to drive the length of Uruguay from Montevideo to the Brazilian border, making it within minutes of the kick off. We were in the Brazilian end and in perfect position to see Túlio's handball for the equaliser.

The quality of entertainment compares very favourably with this year's Copa America final. I didn't realise the match had been covered on what must have been a very early version of Sky with Martin Tyler and Trevor Francis commentating.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ffLMuN_RjIE

Comment

I got this upon checking in last night - not a huge number really but given I had many seasons when I barely bothered to go (e.g. tail end of the Knighton era) and I've never actually lived in Carlisle, or indeed closer than 50 miles away I suppose it's a reasonable effort.

Comment

I like the 'on this date' reminders... I really hate the badges, I don't think they add anything.

Also, it seems the app only goes down as far as the fourth tier in North Wales, so the new fifth tier leagues are requiring mainly self-input.
                                              Thankfully the Cymru Football app is filling the void for fixtures.

Comment

Third rate Leszno I dunno, I think that's impressive. It's a long way ahead of my total of all matches.

Comment

Third rate Leszno I dunno, I think that's impressive. It's a long way ahead of my total of all matches.
                                                  I'm 56 though, so I've had more years to add to my tally. A regular season ticket holder would probably rack up my total in 20 years, even if they only went to a few aways.

Comment

I got this badge last night and it caused me some consternation. I have spent 25 x 90+ minutes of my life - that's more than a day and a half - watching Chesterfield.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X