• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matches- 9
    Goals - 19
    Countries - 1
    Most goals - Parkgate 1-3 Retford / Hallam 3-1 Brigg Town
    Most seen team - Sheffield Wednesday (3)
    Grounds - 7
    New grounds - 3
    Most visited ground - Hillsborough / Roundwood (Parkgate) - 2

Lowest matchgoing year since (at least) 2001, and these plus a couple of club cricket matches were my entirety of live sport watching this year. Only one game after March 4th which might end up being my sum total for this season, though I'm clinging optimistically (but probably fruitlessly) to the hope there'll be an easing of restrictions in the spring and a bundle of games to go to in April / May time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      One match a week is pretty good going for a year like this, I rationalised to myself.

Who is that in the photo with you, btw?
      A Brazilian friend. It's at the Maracana - she's a big Fluminense fan.

Out of interest, your 52 games includes 47 different grounds with 5 matches at Kingsmeadow. Which ground did you attend twice?
      Last edited by cantagalo; 20-12-2020, 17:25.

Comment

Walton & Hersham's Elmbridge Sports Hub, I presume, as it's the only one I've visited more than once this season.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
          ...and these plus a couple of club cricket matches were my entirety of live sport watching this year.
          You've prompted me to check what else I saw other than football in 2020 :

5 rugby matches (all pre-lockdown)
          4 speedway meetings (all in Poland)
          3 cricket matches (two club matches as well as the test event friendly between Surrey and Middlesex at The Oval)
          1 boxing match and undercard
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-12-2020, 12:22.

Comment

5 football games

3 Gaelic Football games

That's it....

Though it's still more than your average Irish Manchester United or Liverpool fan gets to in their lifetime.

Comment

5 games for me in 2020, that's the lowest amount of football matches I've seen in a year since 1982. I saw 20 goals in those 5 games though, and the last two both had last minute winning goals, so they weren't short of excitement.

Comment

Matches- 9
                Goals - 29
                Countries - 2
                Most goals – Hallescher 3 FC Viktoria K?ln 4
                Most seen team – Middlesbrough - 6
                Grounds - 8
                New grounds - 4
                Most visited ground – Riverside - 2

Despite good intentions I haven't been to a game since March. My lowest total since 1989 when I was emerging from a matchgoing hiatus.

Comment

Matches- 8
                  Goals - 29
                  Countries - 1
                  Most goals – Hull 4 Swansea 4
                  Most seen team – Hull City (5)
                  Grounds - 5
                  New grounds - 3
                  Most visited ground – KCOM Stadium (4)

That highest-scoring game, which took place on Valentine's Day, remains my last of the year. The continuing constant availability of free season passes thanks to local friends missing games means I've seen my husband's team more than my own for the third year in a row.

Comment

Matches - 35
                    Goals - 117
                    Countries - 1
                    Most goals - Clapton 2-6 Walthamstow (had two red cards and an injured keeper too)
                    Most seen - Walthamstow (30)
                    Grounds - 16
                    New grounds - 7
                    Most visited - Wadham Lodge (18)

A few more games than I expected, though only 5 involved games that weren't Walthamstow, and only one outside the south east (Ilfracombe v Portishead).

Still no complete leagues according to the app. I've got a couple of weeks off in the new year, and I'm half tempted to go back and add in the missing games, but I've got to draw the line somewhere, and the app isn't exactly the easiest to navigate.

Comment

Matches: 27
                      Goals: 78
                      Countries: 1
                      Most goals: Eastbourne Town 6-2 Hassocks
                      Most seen: Doncaster Rovers (6)
                      Grounds: 24
                      New grounds: 12
                      Most visited: Cray Valley Paper Mills / Meridian VP / Dulwich Hamlet (all twice)

I've been to more matches than I realised, but then as someone who has been working at hime since March, I put it down to taking every possible opportunity to leave the flat to do something. The most notable difference for me this year is the countries number. Even allowing for no overseas travel, this is the first year in decades I've not seen a single game in Wales.

It's only thanks to my four co-commentary stints this season that Rovers are my most seen team, otherwise it would've been Lewisham Borough. The new grounds number is higher than I expected, but I'd forgotten I made it to five new grounds before Covid first hit.

Comment

My 2 options for tonight have both been snowed off so that's me done. Being in a crowd of fifty odd thousand at the Emirates for my first match of the 2020 seems not a year but a lifetime ago.

19 matches, 19 grounds, 17 new, 67 goals.

Favourite new ground Winsford United's Barton Stadium though special thanks to lockdown 2 for giving me the opportunity to visit Barrow's Farm, Billinge.

Favourite game Radcliffe 5-3 Workington

Edit to add this is by some distance the most games I've seen since I gave up my season ticket for Rochdale 7 or 8 seasons ago.
                        Last edited by Artificial Hipster; 29-12-2020, 16:15.

Comment

I had one last option for tomorrow, but Bootle have had a Covid outbreak so that's bitten the dust and my 2020 tally ends like this. Managed to get 3 countries in thanks to Carlisle playing at Cardiff in the FA Cup, and Liverpool's ill-fated CL tie with Atleti back in pre-Covid times.

Comment

I was planning to go to Bootle tomorrow as well, so that's me done for the year.

Matches - 101
                            Goals - 421
                            Countries - 2
                            Most goals - Tranmere Rovers Ladies 15-0 Leigh RMI Ladies
                            Most seen - 5 AFC Liverpool and Southport
                            Grounds - 77
                            New grounds - 30
                            Most visited ground - 5 Berry Street Garage Stadium

Comment

I notice the latest update to the app now shows you all games you've attended on that day in history, rather than just one (usually the oldest one I think?).

Comment

For fuck's sake, leave it out!

Comment

​​​​​​Just to make yesterday even more memorable, it was also a triple badge day.

Completing a league and 200 grounds at your own club's stadium is pretty neat. And an unexpected George Best bonus.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Ah congrats cantagalo - huge achievements all.

Comment

Thanks! Can't wait to get moving towards 225.

Comment

You didn't get George Best if you had to input your match yourself, which seems unfair.

Comment

This badge befuddled me when I checked in yesterday and then was soon forgotten.

I've only understood it now seeing this story :

Euro 2020: How Wales can become unofficial world champions by beating Italy on Sunday

Comment

This morning I've been getting notifications of friends on the app going to games in Baku, Glasgow, Wembley... all different dates and games. They've all come through together.

Comment

Well, tonight was the end of a very strange, long (a full 50 weeks) season for me ;

Countries - four games in Poland, two in Germany, one each in Wales & Italy and the rest in England

Most goals - Bexhill United 9 Westfield (Sussex) 0

Most seen team - I couldn't even remember seeing Tooting & Mitcham United twice but the app gloamed on to them for some reason despite neither game being at their ground. Other teams I saw twice were Wales, Wimbledon XIs, Wealdstone* Walton & Hersham*, Hersham, United Services Portsmouth, Finchampstead, Cookham Dean, Italy and England* (*denoting two home matches)
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 30-06-2021, 09:22.

Comment

The Wilford Brimley cosplay is a look

Comment

Er, having looked him up is that because it appears that I have a fulsome moustache? I can assure you it's actually a stubbly beard.

Comment

Matches - 113
                                                    Goals - 544
                                                    Countries - 1 (first time 2002/03 I haven't seen a game outside of England)
                                                    Most Goals - Red Lions 3-8 Dog & Gun
                                                    Most Seen Team - Lower Breck 3 (also Red Lions, Southport)
                                                    Grounds - 99
                                                    New Grounds - 54
                                                    Most Visited Ground - Berry Street Garage Stadium 4

Comment

Working...
                                                    X