No announcement yet.

Futbology, the app formerly known as Groundhopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a 10 badge for QPR a few weeks ago.

Comment

I don't do this groundhopper app - I keep my own records. But I see that Wattenscheid in the German Regionalliga West went under earlier this week and all their results so far have been wiped from the record. Now, I saw a game at Wattenscheid a little over a month ago. So, if I did do the app, would my attendance at that game also be scrubbed?

Comment

I don't think so. The abandoned game I went to in February is still in there as a 0-0 (even though it was 1-0 at abandonment). Plus you can add games. I've had to do that with a couple of games, eg a South Wales Alliance Premier game a few weeks back.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I manually entered the Bridgnorth Town matches I went to back in the 90s. In hindsight I should probably have just put them in as AFC Bridgnorth games. Sometimes it's worth looking at the stadium first to see what's listed rather than looking for a club.

Comment

I've finished adding all the games I can remember going to - and my current total sits at a pleasing 1111 games. Have also had a few random badges, still can't always work out when/why they get added though. After my trip to Genk last week I'm on 191 grounds, have two more new ones planned so it feels like I could hit 200 this season if I pull my finger out and prioritise new venues over local re-visits - all comes down to cost and time, though.

Comment

I thought you only got a badge if you logged in during a game but I'm not sure if that applies to all of them. I don't have a Nations League badge because I couldn't get the app to work in the ground.

Comment

As far as I can work out, you can only get badges for 'Milestones' and 'Tournaments' by logging in at the ground but I've got various badges for 'Derbies' for games that I have added manually.

Comment

I logged in at Genk and have now got a Champions League badge, but I've also now got my CL Final and Europa League final badges retrospectively. I've also got a Merseyside derby badge retrospectively, but nothing for tournaments I've been to, teams or anything. I'll keep signing in when I'm at games and see what else pops up I think.

Comment

Ah - if 'Tournament' badges are also added retrospectively, then I'm owed some!

Comment

I was thinking of knocking off a new ground tonight by going to watch the BL2 relegation battle between SV Sandhausen and SV Wehen Wiesbaden. And then I looked at the train connections back home late on a cold Monday night and thought, "Nah."

Comment

The app has been rebranded as "Futbology" which is horrible. New interface which looks alright tbf.
                          Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 04-12-2019, 14:24.

Comment

Daft new name. Not sure why the rebranding was necessary.

And I can't get the 'Nearby Fixtures' button to work.

Comment

They say the old name didn't have much recognition outside of the UK (despite it being developed by two Germans), perhaps some stigma around the term too?

I still have the old format, mind. How did other people's update?

Comment

Mine updated automatically and the icon disappeared off my home screen. Have added it again.

Comment

Mine appeared as an update ready to download on the App Store this morning.

Comment

Ah, mine's updated now.

Quite like the new look of the interface. Another bonus is that I can see how my profile looks to other people which I could never work out before.

I've told the family they have to stop mocking me as a groundhopper and must now refer to me as a futbologist.

Comment

As I'm not related to you I'm going to carry on mocking you as a Groundhopper

Comment

You know what they say about those that scream the loudest, sweetie?

Comment

I've revised my opinion. The new app is fine, apart from the silly name. I'm just resistant to change.

I've solved my problem with 'nearby fixtures'. The 50km, 150km and 300km buttons are not visible but you can just click to the left, centre or right of your current location.

Comment

The distance buttons are perfectly visible for me.

Initially my match photos had disappeared but that was solved by the time-honoured remedy of turning the phone off and on again.

Comment

Still not there even after turning on and off. No problem, though. I know where to click.

Comment

They did announce there were issues with the iOS update.

Android was fine of course ;-p

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                  You know what they say about those that scream the loudest, sweetie?
                                                  Pfft. Spoken like a true futbologist

Comment

I'm planning for 2 more games in December which will take me up to 40 games on 2019.

It still annoys me that the season cut off point of 1 July means Barry's Europa League qualifier on 27 June gets counted in the 18-19 season in the season totals. For that reason I like having a calendar year totaliser as well.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X