Futbology, the app formerly known as Groundhopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
    Haven't seen Zeb on our weekend match going threads for a couple of weeks now, hope he's ok and just keeping his head down whilst the Tier 3 local lockdown is in place. It's occurred to me that I might go against government advice and venture outside Merseyside for a match if these restrictions go on for many months, but I probably won't post about it on here if I do.
    I've been having exactly the same thought but with regard to tonight rather than what the situation might be in a few months time. I've only got one option at a new ground tonight, at Cheadle Heath. If the weather doesn't improve I fear it may end up being among a number of postponements. If getting to a game means crossing from one tier 3 zone into another to visit a ground I'll be more than capable of social distancing at then I think I'll be doing it. I've been to the pub once since March and I've breached guidance twice - both occasions forming a group of 7 (4 adults, 3 children) for a walk with our best friends. We're supposed to be on the train to London right now but cancelled our trip. I appreciate that doesn't mean I've got breaches in the bank as it were and if I felt there was the slightest risk of putting anyone at risk by my actions I wouldn't be doing it but if you read a report of a game at Vauxhall Motors or Bamber Bridge on here tomorrow consider this me getting my excuses in early.

I'm still pinning my hopes on the rain easing though.

Comment

I reached my peak year in 2019 with 113 games. This year so far, I'm down to a miserable 51.

I have to say that the Groundhopper app has incentivised me to go to a few games on cold Tuesday nights that I wouldn't normally have attended.

Comment

I'm currently on about 87 games for 2020, which is around half what I've normally done at this time of year. I've been going to games each Saturday, but obviously staying local. The games I am doing are at a higher level than I'd normally do for a Saturday local game, but given the fluid nature of fixtures at the moment it's better sticking to clubs who give regular updates on whether the games on and if spectators are allowed.

Comment

Can't say I've ever done hundreds, 2019 with 137 games is the best I've done by some distance. Went on a few organised hops last year, 5 or 6 games in a weekend here and there soon bumps the total up.
          Anyone who had League 1 on the app will have lost it, AFC Wimbledon are now at Plough Lane.
          Last edited by Merlin the happy pig; 28-10-2020, 23:10. Reason: I can't spell

Comment

Recompleted Hellenic 1 East at the beginning of the Month. Nearly everything else I'm close to is behind closed doors.

Comment

Nice to see these back :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 31-10-2020, 00:14.

Comment

Rumour is there's another one coming up today.

Comment

Indeed there was!

Comment

Disappointed at missing Maradona but today's was also a good one.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin the happy pig View Post
                            Figo won this shortly after signing for Madrid but the main reason for his success was his previous performances for Barcelona.

Comment

Back in Lockdown and the app trolling me with what I used to be able to do in my old life :

Comment

I'm pretty sure Andy didn't actually go to a match on the first day of lockdown, btw - I think he was just tardy in inputting one.

Comment

With apologies to those who can't get to a game tonight, I just got a bonus Allan Simonsen Ballon D'Or winner badge.

Comment

I got the Allan Simonsen one tonight, but missed yesterday's Michael Owen one.

Comment

Sigh...

Comment

Some of us can, unexpectedly, offer up our year's summary now - given today's halftime announcement of our relegation in to Tier 4 :

Comment

My year finished on the 8th March. This is quite depressing to consider.

Comment

Commiserations, PT. I recall what March to July was like without matches and my year would have been immeasurably more difficult without the release of getting to games.

Comment

Thanks Ray. It's made harder because some Groundhopper contacts are checking in at Barry games. They're volunteer ball boys and such like.

Comment

Like Ray, my year has ended on 52 games as I'm now trapped in Tier 4. My last game was on October 31st.

Comment

One match a week is pretty good going for a year like this, I rationalised to myself.

Who is that in the photo with you, btw?

Comment

Fantastic effort to get 52 games in, in this of all years. Luckily still in Tier 2 (for now) so I hope to add a couple more but will still fall short of 30 I think.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X