First Round Hat Trick, Magic Of The Cup Weekend Matchgoing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Well one factor is resolved. The Welsh Cup game will be at the athletics arena. Kick off is 2.30. It will be Pontypridd Town's first 'home' game in Cardiff.

Cardiff City's game next door kicks off at 12.30, so definite opportunity for a "twofer" there, but I do have other stuff I want to get done on the weekend.
    Wales v Australia is at 5:20pm so you could make it a "threefer".

Better still, ditch Tan U and watch a Cup game on TV.

Comment

I should be going to Wealdstone v Bath City, but I may go to Rayners Lane v Risborough Rangers instead. Especially if it's not raining. And if I do, hopefully the Lane will spell the away team's name correctly...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        Wales v Australia is at 5:20pm so you could make it a "threefer".

Better still, ditch Tan U and watch a Cup game on TV.
        You might approve of this Ray, but at the moment priming my kitchen skirting board is taking precedence over watching Cardiff City

Comment

I'm sure that would be a more aesthetically appealing prospect than anything Warnock's lot are likely to produce.

Comment

In fairness they haven't been too bad. Arsenal were better than them, but Newcastle and Burnley are two of the worst teams I've seen this year and I've seen League 1, League 2 and Welsh Premier Games this season.

You around next weekend after the Wales game? Because Barry are playing TNS on the Saturday. Top of the table clash.

Comment

I'm straight back after the Denmark game, I had been looking at double-heading it with the Tonga match on Saturday afternoon but needed in London for a family thing.

Also, I think I'd boycott CPD Ffranchis.
              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 09-11-2018, 17:31.

Comment

May do Walsall- Coventry. £15, all ticket for Cov

Comment

I’d hoped to watch Port Vale v Sunderland at my local pub on Sunday but the EPL fans in the office seemed to believe there are a glut of games on tv that will hold greater appeal to the pub goers of Swansea.

Comment

AFC Wimbledon are incredibly small time

Comment

Why do you say that?

Comment

Chucking smoke bombs all over the place to celebrate a deflected 90th minute winner, goading home fans (most of whom presumably haven't been Haringey before) on the way out.

Comment

Neil Ardley moaning about being on a hiding to nothing after the game.

Just incredibly small time.

Comment

Well, I’m not a fan of flares at matches at all but they’re quite common at such games (both sets of fans had them tonight for instance, Haringey’s were let off after the disallowed goal).

I didn’t see any goading or hint of that kind of behaviour as I left the ground with the majority of Wimbledon supporters (after we clapped the Haringey players off) and waited around for twenty minutes or so outside. There may have been the odd idiot but that’s hardly enough to brand an entire support or club “small time”, neither is a couple of flares.

I realise you have some long standing problem with Wimbledon as demonstrated by some of your more risible posts on the Kingsmeadow thread but you seem to be trying too hard on the evidence of tonight.
                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 09-11-2018, 23:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                              Neil Ardley moaning about being on a hiding to nothing after the game.

Just incredibly small time.

Wah, wah, wah!

Yeah, you’re trying way too hard.

Comment

Also, I think I'd boycott CPD Ffranchis.
                                But then you don't get to tell them to fuck off.

Comment

Wah, wah, wah!

Yeah, you’re trying way too hard.
                                  Getting this worked up about being called small time is actually extremely small time.

Comment

Especially from a fan of the step 4 team you've just narrowly beaten thanks to a dodgy ref and a deflection, it's probably a better look to just let me be bitter idk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                                      Getting this worked up about being called small time is actually extremely small time.
                                      Well done, this is one step away from “I know you are but what am I?” or “Triggered!”. Why don’t you try one of those fishing emoji?

Really mate, I’m hardly the most died-in-the-wool Wimbledon supporter, they’re my methadone team, but when you have a massive sulk about them that it intrigues me.

I think it’s an “I was a punk before they were a punk!” thing but can’t be sure. Having a tantrum about standard managerial platitudes is just bizarre.
                                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 09-11-2018, 23:18.

Comment

Well done, this is one step away from “I know you are but what am I?” or “Triggered!”. Why don’t you try one of those fishing emoji?

Really mate, I’m hardly the most died-in-the-wool Wimbledon supporter, they’re my methadone team, but you so frequently have a massive sulk about them that it intrigues me.

I think it’s an “I was a punk before they were a punk!” thing but can’t be sure. Having a tantrum about standard managerial platitudes is just bizarre.
                                        Yeah I have massive sulks about Wimbledon so frequently, like every time they beat my team in the FA Cup or make a non-league team homeless you've got my number alright.

Comment

I’d already edited the “frequently” as it was unfair.

If I thought this was primarily about anything to do with tonight’s game or Kingsmeadow (an entirely justifiable complaint) then it would be different. You seem to have some other baggage which precedes all that though and colours your view.

I have to say I didn’t realise Haringey Borough were your main team, just that they were a local one that you watched. I’ve made it clear on the FA Cup thread and here how much credit they deserve (and I watch a lot of football at that level and lower) and how a draw would have been fair.

I just can’t see where all this vitriol is coming from, especially when relations between the two clubs and sets of fans seem to have been entirely harmonious around the tie.
                                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 09-11-2018, 23:33.

Comment

FA Cup rights in the US were purchased by ESPN and put on their very nicely priced $4.99USD per month streaming service. I can't remember how many games Fox showed from Round 1 last year, but it seems to me that ESPN has doubled the output. Anyway, it looks like every game Ray is attending will stream. I'll look out for you, Ray, although I already watched the Friday game. Bring a "I'm punk before you were punk sign" and we'll all know it's you.

Comment

Bit of early FA Cup morbo. Hot.

Comment

Unite MK v Totternhoe in the Spartan South Midlands League Division 2 for me today.

Comment

My mate's manager won't tell him if he's playing (which probably means he isn't) and I don't fancy walking round to the ground in the howling rain so I'm having a football-free weekend after all.

The skirting boards are primed though so I can get on with some other stuff.

Comment

Haringey Boro fun facts.

As well as being the only team whose ground that is actually on White Hart Lane (the Spurs ground is on Tottenham high road)

I have played for and against them numerous times in the past. A very political club (this was the early and mid 90's).
                                                    The area where the ground is situated was a pretty strong NF stronghold back in the late 70's and early 80's and was a nasty place to live (the Roundway, White Hart Lane, bottom of great Cambridge road area).

They used to have a massive Sunday market in the stadium back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X