Fireworks or Damp Squibs - Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barry Town 2 v 1 Llandudno FC

Llandudno started well and got the first goal when the number 4 headed in from a corner. Early in the second half number 4 was sent off so he had an up and down day.

Barry equalised before half time with a penalty. Not sure what it was given for tbh. A sustained period of pressure in the second half produced a great solo goal from Mo Touray, who now has his own theme song (to the tune of No Limits).

A great 3 points for Barry and they leap-frogged TNS to go second in the table with the same number of points as Connahs Quay but behind on goal difference.
    Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 04-11-2018, 21:15.

Comment

I watched two games this weekend and came away from both devastated by two late goals.

Cheltenham 2-2 Mansfield - for once the Robins put in a coherent performance and led for the entirety of the second half before a 93rd min goal led to us still awaiting our first home win of the season.

Tewkesbury Town Colts U12s 1-3 Prestbury Phantoms U12s - My boy's team looked to get their second win of the season and the game was petering out to a 1-1 draw. Cue a dodgy free-kick given for a push that no-one but the ref saw. The free-kick went straight to the keeper who, in his first mistake of the day, couldn't hold the ball and it was followed in by the Prestbury player to tap in in the last min of the game. The third goal was scored on the counter with Tewkes going all out to try and equalise.

Two very good games, with devastating finales.

Comment

Lincoln 2 - Forest Green 1

City taking full advantage of two defensive mistakes to remain top of the league despite being on the back foot for majority of second half. Bright enough start from home side rewarded when Akinde chased after hopeful ball forward and lobbed the ball past the onrushing keeper after the FGR centre back hesitated. Lead didn't last very long, and our lack of proper right back was evident again. James Wilson seemed to tuck inside as a third centre half and gifted the left winger a clear run in behind. His cross was parried and then turned home. No doubt that this is the best i've seen FGR under Mark Cooper. Lot of very nice touches, one-twos, good movement around the box. However for the most part, they couldn't penetrate stern Lincoln defending and were forced to try from range. They did hit the bar and have one or efforts that Vickers should have perhaps held, but then we had one real chance with 20 minutes left and took it. I was expecting an onslaught for the remainder of the game, but Lincoln comfortably held on with some excellent game management skills.
        John Akinde had his best game for us for sometime, really occupied their defence and took his goal very well, and Michael Bostwick rarely has a duff game.

Comment

Working...
        X