Fight Franchise Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight Franchise Football

A name change application has been lodged with the Football Association that could see North Ferriby United become known as East Hull next season. Owner Carl Chadwick is also considering a relocation to Dunswell Park on the northern edge of Hull.

Petition to oppose the move here.

Done, obviously, and shared. We played them in the FA Trophy semi-final and had a great - if long - trip up there.

Comment

Can't find a link but am hearing on good authority that North Ferriby United have been wound up in the high court and will not be fulfilling any more of their Evostick Premier League fixtures

Comment

https://twitter.com/northferribyutd/status/1106525272747241472

Comment

What a very sad thing - https://twitter.com/northferribyutd?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Comment

Would a name change and move have saved the club?

Comment

No, that obviously would have killed it too.
              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-03-2019, 23:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                Would a name change and move have saved the club?
                I’m sure they would’ve happily bumbled along in Ferriby. The whole name change and relocation was simply the desire of these latest owners – as far as I know they own this other ground (which isn’t even in east Hull, making that proposed name even more absurd) and are just desperate to have a slightly higher profile team playing in it, not really caring who, after a couple of other failed projects there.

Anyway, word is now another former (nicer) owner is looking at getting a Phoenix club started, in Ferriby, which would start next season only one division lower than they would have anyway, so all may not be lost. Still, a very sad day for all concerned. Hopefully these two meffs won’t be allowed anywhere near a football club of any kind of stature again.

Comment

Amazingly, I had dealings with Jamie Waltham in my previous job. He is not a nice bloke and him being behind this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Comment

Things looking good for the club's regeneration.

Comment

The NCEL have announced today that East Yorkshire Carnegie have successfully applied to be known as East Hull next season. Carnegie are a club who came into the NCEL from the Humberside League a couple of summers back and have had a low key existence in that time.

They've also had a change at board level, the guy who sounds to have been doing everything has left and been replaced by Jamie Waltham. He's the guy who was in charge at North Ferriby when they went bust. They already play at Dunswell Park (in the north of Hull). Which is where Waltham initially wanted to move North Ferriby to. Hmmmm.

Comment

Is this necessarily bad news for North Ferriby?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                          Amazingly, I had dealings with Jamie Waltham in my previous job. He is not a nice bloke and him being behind this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
                          So the new North Ferriby played East Hull on Saturday in what sounds like an extraordinary occasion, in front of a crowd of over 600, the highest in that division for over 10 years. Waltham played himself up front and, according to my father-in-law who went along, could well have been sent off on a couple of occasions in the first half. Ferriby won 3-1, and the official East Hull account tweeted the result after the game with a clown emoji in place of the name of the home team. Also heard allegations of the state that the clubhouse/offices were left in by the previous occupants when the new (old) owners came to resurrect the club in the summer. Almost makes Glenn Tamplin seem like a reasonable chap.

For the record, East Hull are currently bottom of the league with 1 point and a goal difference of -55 after 14 games.

Comment

He seems to have a bit of a reputation in that area. Whilst I was investigating his claim the Police seemed to want us to push for prosecution which, given it was minor insurance fraud, was very much against the status quo.

Having looked into his background at the time (we're talking a couple of years ago now) what you've just put does not surprise me in the slightest.

Comment

Interesting. One of the other allegations I heard is that there are still (quite substantial) unpaid bills dropping through the door at Ferriby in respect of the oldco. Sounds like the place was left in a bit of a mess administratively as well as physically.

Comment

Working...
                              X