Clubs who have used the same managers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clubs who have used the same managers

If Antonio Conte become the new Real Madrid coach, he will be the fifth man to have been in charge of them and Chelsea, along with Guus Hiddink, Rafael Benitez, Jose Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti.

Are there any better examples of this?

I doubt it.

Comment

Our latin american arm can chip in to confirm, but I'm fairly confident there's a few who have managed both Fla and Flu in Rio. Sometimes both in the same season.

Comment

Tele Santana and Wanderlei Luxemburgo are two of several who have managed both clubs.

Joel Santana has managed Flamengo five times and Flu thrice.

Comment

Yeah, but there's only about six managers in Brazil and they all just take it in turns for every job, including the national team. Phil Scolari was once managing three teams at the same time AND the national side.

Same goes for Serie A a few years back. There were only a handful of managers and they all took over from each other when they got sacked for not being the previous guy.

Comment

League of Ireland must be up there. Off the top of my head Stephen Kenny, Liam Tuohy, Dermot Keely, Jim McLaughlin and Terry Eviston have managed Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers. Fenlon, Keely, Richardson, Mathews, McLaughlin, T O'Connor, Devlin, Long, Buckley, Thomas, Collins have all been around half a dozen or more clubs

Comment

Working...
            X